1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps2 Reset when enter disc

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by zanic, Jul 5, 2006.

1. zanic

zanic Member

Just to update the orignal cd that work was a CDR not DVD......All of the dvd discs do not work chipped or original BUT CDR's are working the original and copied!!!!

So is there something in options or is it laser?

Thanks

2. zanic

zanic Member

i find this in another thread on this forum

CD/CD-R games boot but not DVD/DVD-R
    It is likely that one of the following causes applies:

1. The W wire or the R may be incorrectly connected.
    2. The laser lens is dirty & should be cleaned with a cleaning disk or a cotton swab. The DVD is read at a higher frequency than a CD and results are more sensitive to a dirty lens.
    3. The laser needs re-calibrating because of wear and tear. This is a complex process separately described in an FAQ article.
    4. The laser needs replacement because of severe wear & tear.
    5. On v5/v6 models, the CLK wire needs attention as per a later article in this guide.

Where is the w and r wire?

3. Q4i

Q4i Guest

The W and/or R wires refer to those installed with a modchip. As far as the others they sound about right, doesn't mention anything about the quality of the discs themselves though. But it sounds like that wouldn't be the case in your situation, Try cleaning it and see if that helps.

4. zanic

zanic Member

i tried to clean lense with alchol but it done nothing.

The thing with my problem its not saying cannot read discs its just turning off to standby when i enter a dvd disc.

5. dazila

dazila Regular member

check if the chip's connectors are solderd on properly still
    It could be a short circuit somewhere also

6. zanic

zanic Member

how do i get to the chip? I can take lid off and then i see the fan and laser.

7. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

You'd need to take out pretty much everything to get to the motherboard, which is where the chip will be. You will have to desolder it to get it out, too.

-Mike

8. Q4i

Q4i Guest

I wouldn't suggest removing the entire chip though, usually problems with the chips are due to just one two little things negating the need to completely uninstall it. To disable the chip entirely just diconnect the power supply wire. You should check to make sure that there aren't any shorts on the board.