1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 slim 77001 not reading backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by issicus, Mar 4, 2010.

1. issicus

issicus Member

I just bought a used ps2 (v15) and swap magic 3.6 .

I have a shit load of burnt games . I have not been able to get any of them to work. none of them get past the loading screen (well one did). and some just sit there with a black screen.

I think it is the dvd drive, but 3 of the 5 real ps2 games I have work. I dont really know how tweaky these ps2s are... of the two that dont work. one is pretty scratched, my computer read it, so I made a copy, it works on usbadvanced. the other one gets stuck at the initial loading screen.

I tried usbadvanced I got 3 out of 12 games to work.

also sometimes the playstation 2 loading logo is all fucked up like there is a box around it and it looks blocky, like something from an emulator.

I have tried a few different kinds of dvd-r media.

a few I burnt on tdk , some freeze/go very slow during initial loading, none of them are playable.

these next two brands worked on my old ps2 which was one of the originals. i had SM 3.3 . it worked like a charm

I have some from a year or two ago that are maxell only got one of those to work, sort of. it played for a few minutes then I got a loading/disc error .

and i have some yamakawa none of those worked.

so do i just need to get a mod chip? ie matrix 1.99 ? or is my ps2 f*kd

2. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

3. issicus

issicus Member

yeah... googled vast. it is mcboot right? usb advanced doesnt work for most games.

my old dvds just went bad, i got some sony dvds they worked.

thanks anyway tho

Last edited: May 4, 2010