1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 slim restart light

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by jonb91101, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Pspness

Pspness Regular member

When i put my chip in , ithought it was all good and ready, then i turened on my ps2 and all it was was a black sccreen. the lazer moved, but the disk didnt spin, so i unsoldered all the wires ad took the chip out; but i threw my desolder wick away, but there is still some solder on some on the points to solder, does that have anything to do with anything?

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

yes, do what jonb91101 said, these problems mostly occur due to bridging, check the areas where you soldered your chips wires, to make sure that nothing has been shorted, if it has, then you will need to break the connection, use a magnifying glass makes it easier to find bridged connections. If that doesnt work, test all the fuses, read the third reply in this thread if you need help with testing fuses, if you find a blown fuse, then you will have to get a replacement from a electronics store, radio shack will do, you will need to buy SMF(surface mount fuse), that is what those fuses are called, the ratings of each fuse are on the diagram, if you need anymore help, post back, you can get the diagram from PS2NFO.com. jonb91101 has also provided you with a link.

3. Pspness

Pspness Regular member

Thanks alot guys, but, what does it mean if something is bridged?

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Short circuit, say you were soldering two wires to 2 pins very close together, and solder got onto both of them and they were now connected together, then they are bridged; because they are conencted together. This is practically a bridged connection or short circuit.

5. Pspness

Pspness Regular member

Ok. Thanks. Ill go look at them soon.

6. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Ur welcome, post back if you find anything.

7. abignewb

abignewb Member

I have a slim ps2 (v14, GH-040-52) that's doing the same thing.. I installed a DMS 4 Pro SE in in a few weeks ago and all was working fine.. now it just goes to green and back to red quickly; no video, no fan, no laser movement. Chip install still looks good; no bridges, short wires, etc. Any ideas?

8. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Check all the fuses on the motherboard using a multi-meter, fuse location diagrams can be found at PS2NFO.com.

9. abignewb

abignewb Member

I haven't found a v14 diagram anywhere.. All the obvious ones I did check were fine though...