1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 US Nework Adapter to PAL for HDD

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mega123, Jan 21, 2011.

1. mega123

mega123 Regular member

Hey,

Hopefully this thread is not dead, but to the point. I have an OLD PHAT PAL Ps2 (from Australia), I got this console like back in 2003 roughly and still works surprisingly, I don't actually see the laser dieing any time soon, but for precautionary reasons I want to have a fail safe (HDLOADER).

I am willing to buy a PS2 Network Adapter from the US on ebay, and I ask the guy,"Will this work on a PAL PS2". And they responded "Its new, in the package, but did not work on a PAL ps2", so I resent them an email asking about my intentions, but I might as well ask the wider community. Will a PS2 network adapter from the US work on a PAL console ? In terms of connecting a hard Drive to it and then placing it inside the PS2's BAY at the back, to use HDLOADER. Or are the connectors all different, or universal ? Can someone please shed some light.

Thank you soo much.

PS: The guy who said it wouldn't work on my PAL Ps2 is listing this one; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

MY PS2 is; SCPH-39002 PAL

ALSO, do you need the Installation DISC ? I mean does it install drivers on your PS2 ? And if it does, can I use a PAL or NTSC retail disc to install on my PAL (mod chipped) Ps2 ? Or are these drivers region coded ? Please explain.

2. mega123

mega123 Regular member

EDIT: You can close this thread, I got the answers, which was "YES" you can use the adaptor from another region. Unless someone else has something to add ?

Might as well ask this, but whats the best Harddrive to get ? External USB one and just pull it apart or buy a PC one ?

3. mega123

mega123 Regular member

EDIT: You can close this thread, I got the answers, which was "YES" you can use the adaptor from another region. Unless someone else has something to add ?

Might as well ask this, but whats the best Harddrive to get ? External USB one and just pull it apart or buy a PC one ?