1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 Versions And ModChips

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Glitched, Oct 15, 2005.

1. lester01

lester01 Member

pilotmjs,

What is your model number on the bottom side of the unit

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

pilotmjs
    motherboard #GH-041 is a V14

3. jusnky

jusnky Member

i have a question, i just found this thread, and it says that the mars 3 chip is compatable with the slimline? did i read that right? if i did do you know where i can get a guide or install manual or something? that woud be great thanks!

4. Mike31

Mike31 Guest

I have a US PS2 Model SCPH-70012 (Version 12?)connected to US TV (1992 Proscan/RCA 35" TV).

Could you please recommend a solution to allow me to play both US NTSC games and also European PAL games with this PS2?

Where do I get the correct Mod Chips or other solutions?

Thanks,

Mike

5. Angelina8

Angelina8 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2006
  6. fazes23

fazes23 Guest

i have a dark blue happy face mod chip. i have a v12 slim ps2. anyone know what model chip it is? my friend gave it to me before he moved to spain. he said its only for v12 systems but i have no clue how to install it im good with opening the ps2 i just need a tutorial how to install the chip.

7. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

fazes23
    I think that have to do something with a magic chip
    http://www.china-magic.com/
    i remember i heard there was fake magic chip with a crapy smiley u might want to google it up. Btw V12 need laser fix or your laser die out.

8. bionic316

bionic316 Guest

I've just got a slimline Ps2, and obviously i have just found out you cant use the Swap magic, plus I havent got a Modchip? is there any other way of playing Backed up games, without a modchip? I would really appreciate any help? Thanks

9. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

There was one other way where u install something to memory card but u need someone with a modded ps2 and not sure how it works. Also there the action replay max/pro duo that u could swap, there a guide around here in afterdawn

10. bionic316

bionic316 Guest

Cheers for your Help, much appreciated? Happy New Year to one and all,

11. camel700

camel700 Guest

Hello all, I just bought a premodded ps2 slim from modchipstore.com, not the best place from what I've been reading. It took awhile to finally get some info on when they were going to ship. Finally! I ordered a PS2 slim whith the DMS4 pro...

I turned on the unit, and stuck in a backed up game and it worked just fine. Tried another, and it didn't work. Come to find out, it was a PAL disk. Screen kept rolling so I couldn't see what it said.

Played around a bit and noticed that it said Infinity under Playstion, and sometimes it would boot up with a Matrix Logo. I was pissed. I wanted a premodded ps2, with a DMS Pro. Not whatever they wanted to send to me.

I used their ticket system, and was able to get a RMA number. But I had to pay the return shipping for their mistake. I still don't have my Ps2 yet, still waiting...

My question is Once I get a PS2 with a DMS4 in it, will I have to flash it with something? How do I go about doing it? Burn a cd or dvd or from a memory card? I have only heard about TOXIC OS. Are there others?

Sorry for the long post.

12. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

The DMS will need to be flashed with ToxicBios or ToxicOS from team toxic. If installed correctly it will boot right off a CD and will display press X to restart. Toxic Bios is for the DMS 4 Lite. ToxicOS is for DMS 4 Pro. DMS 4 Pro is not neccessary in most slim PS2, it just have a hard drive support which PS2 slims cant handle hard drives except those Version 12 (with laser problems) and the Version 13. Btw DMS 4 Pro can install Toxic Bios or Toxic OS but idk y u would want to use Bios if u have pro.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  13. sh0rinji

sh0rinji Member

hello, can someone please tell me what version slim ps2 i have, the model # is 77001 with date code 6D, also i got a modbo 750 v1.88 chip and something else that came with it maybe a laser fix don't know i was, could anyone know where i can get an illustrated guide to installing it,please anyone and thank you in advance

14. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Thats one of the V15 either V15a or V15b. I dont know where u could get a guide from there. mod-chip.com have some but u need to pay for them.

15. sh0rinji

sh0rinji Member

thank you vcbc i got 2 illustrations for v15a and v15b i still need to make sure what version it is a or b, thanks again

16. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Version 15A has motherboard GH-051-02
    Version 15B has motherboard GH-051-51
    Open up the PS2 and you will see one of the number on the motherboard.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  17. sh0rinji

sh0rinji Member

thank you vcbc i'll do that, also do think it would need a laser fix i think thats what it came with a smaller piece no soldering guide on diagrams that i have that shows for that piece

18. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

O yea i forgot about that... The Version 15 would not need a laser fix. Only version 12(slim PS2) and the older version 9 and 10. If it came with it free its probably a Neo Fix XIV, or something along the neo fix.
    Good Luck in the install

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  19. sh0rinji

sh0rinji Member

i appreciate the helpful reply vcbc and thank you

20. coffey101

coffey101 Member

First of all thanks Glitched, vcbc and all other for keeping this thread going.

So I'm reading the V12 issues re. risk of laser burn out. I just had my PS2 modded with a Matrix Infinity and the TMT site states:

qt"
    CD Lens Safe (Avoid CD lens damage by sending un-necessary signal to the Drive Controller)
    "eqt

Can anyone say what this means?

Thanks a lot.