1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps2 won't boot PSX and HDD issues

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by boy141, May 26, 2004.

1. boy141

boy141 Member

Hi yall

I have a magic 3.1 chipped in with a clip. I have a question, i've seen pictures that says that I needed to sodder the two square points together so PSX works, well I did that, and It doesn't work , at all!

Also, I read somewhere on the forum how I can use my own 160 gig HDD and mount it. Well I did that also, and it disabled my modchip, so I am stuck here. CAn someone help me?

2. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

You can only use a 3rd party HDD if you have the DMS3 chip. So there is your problem right there. There are some tools out there that may allow this with any chip but you will have to find them your self. As for psx games and the scex point, you have to solder a wire from the chip to those 2 squares, not just solder them together.

3. boy141

boy141 Member

OMG someone responded!!!!!!!

i would give you half of my sandwich if you were here. Uhm here is the link for the HDD.

http://www.brookfresh.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=374

AND can I desodder the two points and connect using a wire? like I am lost on what the scex point is.. can you post a link and tell me which point SCEX is?

I also read on the forum that i could fluked up my ps2.