1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 & Xbox Backup Tutorials & Information

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Oner, Dec 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Go to the very first page of this thread. I have instructions on how to make your own Slide Card and how to boot with GS2 V.2

2. cuti65

cuti65 Member

Thanks for the quick response. I've read very thoroughly all your instructions, but the problem is I have a Gameshark version 3, and in order to use that Slidecard trick, I need a Gameshark version 2. But then, codes for the latest games are not available for Gameshark version 2. I hope you see my problem here.

3. Gsus

Gsus Guest

Oh Oner, what do u suggest people use for a swipe card? ( i mean the material) i used an old credit card before but i just made another using a ps2 dvd demo box off a magazine. People should rite their suggestions.

4. Oner

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  5. amaru

amaru Guest

so, when Swap Magic 3.0 comes out, do we still need a mod chip to use with it. and another thing, is their any method to boot PS1 backups on a ps2 without a mod chip? or is it jus usin a gs? and how would that work booting from a gameshark? Thanks for any help.

6. Foci

Foci Member

I have a refurbished, version 7 PS2 with a no solder modchip. I've tried loading backups using the GS2 swap method as well as the swipe card and neither work. It sounds like the backup is about to load and then the red screen comes up asking to insert a valid PS2 game. Does anyone know if v.7 PS2's have increased security measures? Is there anything that can be done?
    Thanks.

7. designmo

designmo Member

Hey ONER,

In your instructions on the first page it says:
    "PS2 without modchip, Using GS/AR/Swap Magic with Swipe/Slide Card or Flip Top, PS2 DVD backup booting"

but then in another post you said "You need a modchip to boot backups."

Could you please clarify this once again? Can I boot backups using AR2 with Slide Card but NO MODCHIP?

8. parrapa

parrapa Guest

Basically if you have an AR disk and a swap card (or just a knife) you can play anthing on a PS2.

9. Oner

Designmo : I removed your question since it was asked in the main thread. Parrapa is correct I wrote the tutorial before the slide card came out, so you can boot without a chip if you have the right tools/versions (GS,AR etc.)

Amaru : You don't need a chip if you have Swap Magic 3.0, you just need a flip top OR a slide card. This goes for all PS2 & PS1 on 3.0 (hopefully). You can use a GS to boot PS games if you have a slide card OR flip top.

Foci : It sounds like maybe your no solder went bad? Ask your question in the main PS2 area, you'll get more response.

10. Gsus

Gsus Guest

Thanks for the quick response Oner. whats the cheapest you think i can get a dvd+r/rw drive for?
    Gsus

11. designmo

designmo Member

Thanks for the fast answer. Does anyone know which version AR you would need? I know for sure that the new AR MAX does NOT work. The disc never stops spinning, and the swap method is useless. I have an AR2 now, but haven't gotten it to work yet. Thanks.

12. jemm772

jemm772 Member

I just want to find the easiest way to play my back up game on ps2. without the swipe method.
    which is the easiest and best way to go. thanx

13. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

get a fliptop and swap magic discs. You should wait a month for the new swap magic to come out though.

14. Silence_S

Silence_S Guest

jemm772 : Hi, i buy my PS2 console when they show up in market , and I trying many ways to play my back up games , but all my problems stopped when I installing Messiah modchip. I can play all copies of PS2 games (CD and DVD) like original games, only with insert copy CD or DVD in PS2 console.

15. BernWern

BernWern Guest

Does anyone know where I can d/l the swap magic files? Of all the bootlegs I have ever wanted, this one has proven to be the most difficult to find. Nobody has it on Kazaa or WinMX. If somebody knows where I can get a bootleg of these or if you could put them out on a p2p network, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    BernWern

16. Gsus

Gsus Guest

U don't talk about bootlegs on afterdawn. They are ILLEGITIMATE...!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Oner

BernWern, first off you cannot make a working backup of the Swap Magic files and second read the rules you have already violated 2 of them and you WILL be banned if you break any more.

18. Zrazy_dre

Zrazy_dre Guest

Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help? Im wanting 2 back up my ps2 games ive just brought the swap magic boot disk 2.0 and card and ive got action replay version 2. im using a mirror dvd-r drive with bulkpaq dvd-r 2x generation 4 media and have both Nero and alcohol 120% i dont have a clue where to go from here or the process to go thru can anyone help?

19. BernWern

BernWern Guest

First off, let me apologize for breaking the rules. I guess I should have fully read them. My bad. Second off:

Zrazy_dre: read the very first page of this thread for info on burning "back-ups" of games courtesy of Oner. Otherwise this is what I suggest:

The new Nero 6 Ultra is best to use. I use Nero to create most file images off my pc and have had the greatest success by saving them in the .iso format. Alcohol 120 will burn all images extremely easy. Alcohol itself will also make disc images easily, just read the included help files to figure out what to do; they actually have screen shots to aid your process. The exception for Alcohol creating images is regular dvd movies, as it has some type of protection to prevent creation of "back-ups". On a second note in regard to making "back-ups" of dvd files, I strongly suggest the following programs:
    dvd shrink
    nero 6 ultra
    dvd-x-copy xpress
    by using dvd shrink you can compress dvd-9 format discs for creating "back-ups". I have not tested it on PS2 games, so maybe somebody else can shed some light on it. Regardless, these programs seem to be the most compatible with nearly all drives and the most user friendly. dvd-x-copy xpress will create great "back-ups" of dvd-5 format discs, but without the menus. If you are curious as to dvd disc and burning technology, i stronly suggest researching at the following link:

http://www.pctechguide.com/10dvd.htm

Oner: In regard to creating "back-ups" of swap magic discs, can you please be specific as to why this is not possible? I have been able to crack or patch every type of disc presented to me so far, including some with copyright/encryption/error protection in order to make legitimate "back-ups" of them. A great example is the last installmet of the Command and Conquer series. I am curious as to why creating back-ups of the swap magic discs are not possible. I like to create "back-ups" of nearly all of my discs in case of damage, teft, etc.....so creating a "back-up" of swap magic would be nice as well.

If anyone has knowledge regarding this, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure other s would like info on this as well.

Thanks in advance,
    BernWern

20. jemm772

jemm772 Member

Is there a website where I can find the messiah chip for less than fifty bucks.Cause I'm a Poor man. lol. thanx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.