1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 & Xbox Backup Tutorials & Information

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Oner, Dec 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

It might be the version of AR2 you are using or the backup might be a double check. I am not familiar with which version AR you would need because I use GS2 v2 so if it ends up being the AR2 and you don't want to invest in a modchip and like the Swipe/Slide card method then you could get the Swap Magic 3.0 which is much easier to boot and will bypass these problems. Also it could be the DVD backup media type (+/-) etc._X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]Please use the Search function http://forums.afterdawn.com/search/ before posting or refer to my Tutorial http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105[/bold][/small]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2003
  2. coolpcguy

coolpcguy Member

Thanks Oner, It was the Action Replay because I just recieved my swap magic discs and they work perfectly

3. jemm772

jemm772 Member

I just recieve mine and (my Opinion) they Suck.
    Any one wanting To purchase them $30. E-mail me at Jem772@hotmail.com

4. jemm772

jemm772 Member

The chip is alot better.

5. coolpcguy

coolpcguy Member

ok maybe the chip ius betterm but I like many other ppl cant use chip because of warrenty, mines 3 yr...anyway, my swap disc is working but i have 1 prob

cant boot tomb raider angel of darkness...tried booting the original disc from swap magic disc - dont work, but boot original on ps2 boot and its ok...could it be the TOC...TR is about 4.3 GB...would it be possible for a patch or something...are other ppl having this problem with tr

i using a pal and the no-mod swipe card...

All other games like GTA Vice boot ok

6. coolpcguy

coolpcguy Member

OK, I stupid lolz, I Just did a proper search and found my problem, I need cdloader c7...got it it wouldnt boot, duh, Im trying to boot with swap magic dvd version lolz

Anyway now It fully works...just need to find a good PS2 with good TOC...tested with the original Tomb Raider Disc but if i use that disc all the time itll still get scratched when my bro wants to run it

7. coolpcguy

coolpcguy Member

I thought it was a TOC problem but when you use the swap magic as the TOC disc in CDLoader it still works weird...cdloader must patch somat in memory then

OK, I wanna request this feature for the next version of Swap Magic disc so you dont have 2 keep swapping discs :)

8. darkz

darkz Member

i wanna know just what versions of gs AND ar work as no mod chip installed boot discs on a V4
    thanks in advance

9. Oner

GS I think is 1.8 - 2.0. AR I don't know.

10. coolpcguy

coolpcguy Member

I thought tha t AR was version 2 (AR2) but when i tried it it didnt work.

must be one of the earlier ones earlier than AR2, or maybe it is AR2 but my disc was special lol

To avoid compatibality issues id recommend geetting swap magic at wholesalemods.com..fast delivery 17£(Inc vat + delivery)

11. maxi15

maxi15 Member

Hey anyone can answer this question i would appreciate it. when u patch a game does it make it smaller so it can fit into a cd-r or what?
    please help me.
    thanks

12. Speedy02

Speedy02 Member

I have tried using the software mentionsed but i cannot backup Devil May Cry Jap. It says the image is too big to fit on a dvd-r

13. Gsus

Gsus Guest

I bought my ps2 about a year ago, would it play games copied onto dvd-r?

14. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

Hi everyone,
    I been kinda confused on using Alcohol 120% when backing up my dvd ps2 games. I heard from many people that alchol is one of the best ways to back-up your ps2 games, but I still ran into a few problems. I tried using the disc to disc method, but for some reason, 1:it doesn't allow me to choose the playstation 2 option on the data type menu and 2: when I do get to the burning it never finallizes the disc, so after the burning process is done the info is on the disc, but there is no "burned" marks on the bottom of the disc. It still looks unburned! can anyone help?

15. maxi15

maxi15 Member

hey if i have a usb cable that has a A type connector on one side and a B type connector on the other side if i cut off the B type connector and replace it with a A type connector, having both type A connectors would the cable still work?

16. bula_is

bula_is Member

Hey pplz...im new to this forum...i have a ps2 and i want to get it chipped so i can play backups...but i need to noe what chip is best to buy...and how do i burn the ps2 games (how do i copy them)...i also want to noe whether i can still play online when i have the chip...there are so many chips and i dont noe what is fake and what is real...??

plz help
    im new to this stuff..sorriz x.X
    i would greatly appreciate anyones help =]

17. Oner

Please do some research, because all of your questions have been answered (most of them right in this tutorial thread but on the first page). As for the best chip or booting process, that depends on how much money you have to spend. Search for DMS3, Messiah 2 Pro or M2Pro, Magic, Swap Magic Discs, Flip Top and Slide or Swipe Card. There are many threads with the info you are looking for and the examples I said are the ones to look for. I even provided a little chart of the chips on the very first page here.

18. abing

abing Member

Pls. Advice. I have a premod(dms3)ps2 system. My kid use GS2 ver3 to get final fantasy10 cheat code. after inputing the cheat code to memory card, ps2 game shark asked to put the game disc. When I put the FF10(back-up dvd-r)disc. Game shark said the game will not boot. My question is: what is the procedure to boot Back-up final fantasy or other dvd base game with GS2 ver3 to a dms3 modded system? thank you.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2003
  19. jemm772

jemm772 Member

Someone help me I'm trying to backup midnite club2 with alcohol 120. and I keep getting write error. Thedisc does has some sratches.i tryed copy on a fly. and write file. Both method are unsucessful. usa

20. Oner

abing :

Are you using the PS2 memory card or the GS2 v3 Memory card dongle? I have a GS2 v2 and it has a dongle but I don't know if the new v3 comes with one. Also try only a few codes at a time not all at once, some codes when you are playing are savable to the PS2 mem card file; such as Extra money, Upped Stats on a character or unlocked areas.

Whereas infinate health, magic or similar cannot be saved. So try ones that can be saved first when playing then go back to GS and deselect those to then try the others that can't be saved. Hope this helps you out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.