1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 & Xbox Backup Tutorials & Information

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Oner, Dec 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

What version PS2 do you have? Are you sure no solder mods work with DVD backups? Do they need a boot disc of some sort?

2. jei1059

jei1059 Guest

30001 R with the screw meaning that I have a
    version 5 PS2. From what I was told it is suppose to play CD-R's and DVD backups of games. Im using Magic 2.0 boot discs, both
    CD version and DVD version. I wish that I could get ahold of someone with a no solder mod.

3. Oner

I wish I had some more info for you, I don't have any experience with no solder mods. You could try asking in the main forum, I am sure other members can help you out.

4. jei1059

jei1059 Guest

Oner, I found out what I wasn't doing.
    This should help others who may or may not be in the same situation, After installing the chip and loading the boot disc, when it says
    insert disc hold the eject button til the tray
    quickly ejects, you at least 5 sec. before the
    tray closes on its own. Afterwards press x and the blue screen should appear and your backup will work perfectly.

When holding the eject button you can notice that the tray comes out quicker than it does when just pressing the eject button. My guess is that this allows the chip to be activated
    and the backup to obe recognized as a PS disc.
    Hopes this helps others.

5. jei1059

jei1059 Guest

Another question though is how do I know what
    games may need a patch like EA sport games for instance and how do I patch them or what programs do I need.

6. coladuna

coladuna Member

Can someone tell me where it tell you how to make your own slide card?
    I looked at the first page of this thread many times but I don't see it.

7. Oner

8. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

help please?
    I'm using a fliptop mod with swap magic 2.0's on a version 4 ps2...using memorex dvd-r's

i've burnt movies at 4x on this media and it worked fine, yet i burned a 10 track compilation dvd and it wouldn't play on ps2, only on dvd player....anywho, this isn't the question

i just got the mod and i was attempting to backup my copy of soul calibur 2. i used the exact same steps listed for doing it in Alcohol 120% and it doesn't work. I boot up my dvd swap magic disc, goes to insert disk, i swap in with the sc2 dvd-r, i click X then i get the blue borders meaning the disk is good, but freezes right there...won't advance passed that point

i just finished making an image with recordnow but i don't want to risk making another dvd coaster since these aren't exactly cheap....is there something being done wrong that someone can help me with?

thnx

*edit* btw..i'm using the sony dvd+-r/rw dru510a i believe the model is...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2003
  9. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

one more thing...
    i just checked my recordnow image and it parted the file...
    i have now:
    sc2.gi - 2kbs
    sc2(11).gi - 2gigs
    sc2(12).gi - 2gigs
    sc2(13).gi - 47megs

shouldn't the ending img file be 4.x gigs?...neways, my first question from previous post is most important
    thnx for ne help

p.s. i am using ntfs..so that isn't the problem, unless it is supposed to do this file partitioning

Last edited: Oct 24, 2003
  10. coladuna

coladuna Member

Oner - thanks for the link, but i think the link is dead. got any other links to the pic?
    I see the heading "Swipe card template" on the first page, but that section is empty or at least it appears to be empty to me.

I want to make my own swipe card to save some money so it'd be great if i can get some detailed information on how to make one.
    Thanks

11. Oner

SirRaven - I guess it might be the speed of the burn or maybe some lost information when it was burned (Are the reader and writer on the same IDE chain? Did you do a disc to disc or Image for the first try?)

Coladuna - It must be a setting on your PC or something as I am on a different PC than before and can still see both the original and the link I gave you above.

12. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

I used the same drive to do it...i have both my plextor burner and sony dru on the same ide (i wanted to keep my 48x read and write for normal cds)

i burned the dvdr at 2x, should i burn 1x? -- i dunno y this doesn't work seeing that i've burned at 4x before and it was perfect....

and yeah i did an image. I used alcohol's image making wizard to make a NEW image then when it was done reading it, i used the stored image w/ the image burning wizard...

what doesn't make sense is that swap magic understands the disk but freezes loading it, kind of like the problem when booting 632+mb dvdrips....

since i took out my standard dvd-rom to put in my dru i can't do on the fly copies, just image and burn -- usually this is safer than on the fly anyways?....is there anything you can recommend I check? or perhaps I should just try risking another dvd-r using another program like nero or recordnow max?...i initially was going to use nero, but i have seen a lot of "alcohol is really easy, i put it in, go to image making wizard, click start and i'm set"

i'm really frustrated here, really wanted to find some conclusive info to fix the problem or work around it.

Oner, thnx for the help -- especially if I can get more, heheh

p.s. someone left a similar post around pg 5 or 6 of the thread, saying that swap magic would freeze booting a dvd-r, it sounded similar to my problem but dunno if it is the same.

*edit* i just checked my write speeds in nero 6...it says my write speeds are:
    MAX
    3.1x
    2.6x
    is this a nero thing? where it is programmed to allow only those burn speeds, or is that a direct representation of the only speeds my burner can burn at? if so, then burning at a flat 2x was impossible to do correctly from within alcohol resulting in a faulty burn....if nero is programmed to allow only speeds like that then i don't know the problem....
    also when i used CDRWIN's trial version and everything is supposed to be restricted to burning at 1x...the box for write speed was grayed out but inside it didn't say 1x, i think it was 2.x or 3.x not too sure, just know it wasn't 1x.......well what i'm asking is, can it be that burning at a flat 1.0x and 2.0x is causing the faulty burn? should i burn in nero with one of these 2.x or 3.x burns?
    thnx again

edit again --sorry

should i be doing the primary image at a 1x read speed? or be doing it at max read speed? i'm not too sure how fast i did the read speed w/ alcohol, but if it differed from the burn speed perhaps that was the problem? i'm all out of ideas here, any help will be greatly appreciated

edit #3 - sorry again, i keep finding new info

i checked the dvd-r burn and compared it to the original dvd and they both match up...it seems to be a ps2 reading issue rather than a burn issue...i do think the problem is what i mentioned about the burn speeds -- perhaps the ps2 couldn't read an emulated burn speed (if that is at all possible, based on my nero vs alcohol burn speed theory) --- before ne1 says it is the media type, keep in mind i have successfully burned a movie on this media type at 4x and it was fine...

please clear up any erroneous info you might see in here, thnx

13. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

***go back to page 11 and read previous post...didn't know this one would make a new page******

well exnay ln the nero dvd burning speed theory...

my memorex cd-rs clearly say compatible with 1x-4x burning, and i checked my burners manual and it says
    -------max read speed------max burn speed
    DVD-R--------4x-----------------1x
    DVD-R--------4x-----------------4x
    (high speed)

now i'm REALLY all out of ideas

14. frank1232

frank1232 Member

how u doing. i have a mac ibook and i wanted to backup my ps2(DVD) games using it. What software can i use that works with Mac ibook????????

15. Oner

Frank1232 - Toast Titanium works but if you want a free program download DVD Decrypter (It can do CD's and DVD backups fine).

SirRaven - Maybe it could be a conflict between the burning apps you use. I had some problems a while back with CDRWin and Nero conflicting so I had to remove CDRWin. Or you have bad programs themselves?.?.?

16. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

okay...i'm an idiot....i just wasted 2 dvd-rs to get this working when both DO, in fact, work...

after the 2nd dvd-r wasn't booting i checked online for soul calibur and backup, it turns out soul calibur has that double protection or something like that....it didn't even dawn on me to try using cdloader, but when i used cdloader to boot it, it worked like a charm...

17. coladuna

coladuna Member

Oner - I don't know what the freakin' problem is with my computer. i tried on both of my computers and the images doesn't load.
    Could anyone please email the two pictures to my email address?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  18. chini2003

chini2003 Member

I have problem with my mochip pnp no soldering I have a dvd burner cendyne and memorex dvd-r and
    I want to ask what program is best for use for backup dvd game and the step by step if you can.

what the trick missing in the boot methond with GSp
    what was missing
    I can load cd but not dvd game help me please

send the private message or email the answer at

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  19. frank1232

frank1232 Member

DVD decrepter doesn't work with mac any suggestions??????????????

20. Vicximus

Vicximus Guest

I have a MOD chip in my playstation, hp DVD+RW burner, 3 maxell DVD+RW blank disks. my problem is that im having trouble booting the back up disks of my games. I successfully copied my original game on the DVD+RW disk but everytime i boot my ps2 it doesnt work. It stays on the main screen where you can go to the browser, and everytime i go in the browser menu this appears " Disk Read Error" Is it because im using a DVD+RW disk? whats the DIfference between DVD+RWs, DVD+R, and DVD-R? I really need help and what if my model number for my ps2 is "SCPH-35001" what version is my ps2? Please i really need to make my back up games working because my original games are really scratched up and it doesnt work anymore. please i need help! Thnx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.