1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 & Xbox Backup Tutorials & Information

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Oner, Dec 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coladuna

coladuna Member

Vicximus - I'm not an expert but as far as i know you can't use DVD+RW discs or DVD-RW. You have to use either DVD+R or DVD-R. RW discs are rewritables, which doesn't work on ps2. (i think)

Well, i'm making some assumptions as I know a lot about ps1 backups and you couldn't use rewritable CDs to backup your games. I guess it'll be the same with ps2

2. Vicximus

Vicximus Guest

thnx a lot for the your help, i went to best buy today and bought a five pack TDK DVD+R disks and now it works on my playstaion2 thnks! now my original games that dont work are working now because i made back up copies of it! Thnx again!

3. chini2003

chini2003 Member

Respond me

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

chini2003 - read over my tutorial to see if anything there helps you out, I have no experience with PNP chips.

Frank1232 - Toast Titanium would be your best bet then. Just do a rerad to image on HD then burn from there. Good Luck!

5. Vicximus

Vicximus Guest

Is there any way to back up my XBOX games? Its hard cause they only show the Video file when i put in on my dvd drive. Is there anyway that i can use backup copies of my games in xbox without any mod chip?

6. MIGHTYMAX

MIGHTYMAX Guest

Hi I have a version 7 PS2 and a magic 3.6 with the no solder clip so i only have to solder 9 wires. . Ok my chiip worked fine for one day, It played Clone wars Vf4 evo , an Bounty Hunter easily. the problem is I left Bounty Hunter on for eight hours unattended, then when I tried to restart my game the "Please install a PS2 game" screen came up. Since then the best I've been able to do is get The Ps2 to go into Japanese Ps1 mode(by holding down the reset button 10 secs).

Now all my backups get the red "NOn official game screen"

I know the chip is connected, and my backup discs are clean , so why wont the backups boot anymore? Any Ideas? I know my solder points are sound, because PS2 can go into Japanese ps1 mode.

Is my laser to dull now to read backups?

Help!

7. Oner

Vicximus - Read my tutorial here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105 all the way at the bottom. Then if you need more info you can go to Afterdawns Xbox area here http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/58

MIGHTYMAX - It seems like it is *probably* your laser. Do you have a Label on the backup? If so it might have gotten too hot after being left on for a long period of time and the disc was not able to release the heat. If not then it might have just gotten too hot from being on too long (laser)?_X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]Please use the Search function http://forums.afterdawn.com/search/ before posting or refer to my Tutorial http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105[/bold][/small]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2003
  8. timm027

timm027 Member

I tried to burn a PS2 game with DVD Decryptor and it created to seperate files. It burned an MCS file and a Magic ISO file. Do i just burn the ISO file since it it over 2,500,000 KB big and the other is 5 KB?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  9. MIGHTYMAX

MIGHTYMAX Guest

hi, as I said before I have a magic 3.6 and a ps2 v7. Now I want to dircetly solder the chip wires to the bios and forego the clip kit.
    I am trying to use the 3.1 diagram as a guide, but my right port on my magic 3.6 has 12 wires. the instructions only tell you where to solder nine of those, m to r.(YES I HAVE a-s soldered already)
    where do i solder the other 3 wires onto to bios>??? which pins??? Help!

10. jetcargo

jetcargo Member

Have tried to copy several DVDs for a friend to back up his games. Not sure what PS2 is but uses Swap Magic with slide card. Have used Nero and DVD Decrypter both, but neither copy has worked. Tried 2 different games. CD copies play fine. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong. Did direct disc copy using nero. Burned to ISO image, then wrote disk using DVDDecryptor. (selected ISO file, but also showed a .MDS file) Using DVD-R media. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2003
  11. Oner

Mighty - Try asking in the main PS2 area as the specific wires you need help with will be answered by more knowledgable members who have that type of chip. Good Luck.

jetcargo - I am not implying you have "cracked" Nero but if you do not have a correct serial it WILL make errors on the backup. Try just using DVD Decrypter itself for the read and write, do not do a disc to disc direct backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.