1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 & Xbox Backup Tutorials & Information

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Oner, Dec 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gsus

Gsus Guest

You can use the swipe card/knife trick on a ver. 7.
    You need GS ver.2 but the media doesn't matter on a ver. 7 (i don't think), but DVD+R will definitely work.

____ _____ ______
    | __ |_____ | | |_____
    |____| ______| |____| ______|

2. aagent

aagent Member

I have GS v2. Following the instruction, I used slide card to open and switch the backup dvd in. In my case it was more like 5 sec before laser was active. I got a black screen for a few second and the red PS2 message is out telling me that it's not a PS2 format disc. I backed up on DVD-R using Nero, following the instruction. My PS2 can play backed up DVD-R moive so it should be fine with DVD-R disc. I am really stucked. Should I go out and buy Swap Magic?

3. Gsus

Gsus Guest

NO! there would be no point, go through the process carefully checking youself. I'll go over it again;
    1. Load GS
    2. Press start, select cheats on
    3. Where it says "please insert disc" do the swipe card trick, REMEMBER TO LOCK IT!
    4. Press X several times

4. BillyBoby

BillyBoby Member

Hi everyone, This might seem a stupid question but it has its reasons.
    Firstly I have kids who like to chuck my originals around and scratch them up so I have purcahsed a dvd writer which will do all dvd-r and dvdram. I have come accross a dvdram disk which seems to be very high quality nearly as good as the originals with a strong recording side on the disk, my issue is that before I wasite money on the £5 dvdram blanks do anbody know is these are fully compatable with a modded ps2?
    thanks

5. NightPs2

NightPs2 Member

So if i understand correctly, a DVD backup is simple as dvd->image, image->dvdr ?

No extra steps needed?

6. oliver123

oliver123 Guest

7. Daakuryu

Daakuryu Member

Please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong because this was my first attempt and It didn't go so well.

I used Record Now Max to create a global image of my Xeno Saga game.

It created an 8 gig .gi file which I then tried to burn, only to be told the image is too large for my dvd.

What did I do wrong? When I look at the file stats in Record Now it says 8,076,00MB (4134912) Used

I'm burning to a HP DVD+R/W using an HP300i

So um... help?

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

It's a DVD9 disc which cannot be copied 1:1.

9. parrapa

parrapa Guest

Did you manage to get a template for the swipe card?

10. Oner

It's on the first page of this thread

11. mech

mech Guest

Two quick questions,

1) I have Gs2 version 1.9 I`m able to play backups of my regular ps2 cd`s fine, but your directions for playing DVD don`t match what I have on the screen.

When I start up G/S I get 3 options start game, options and something else. In options I can add games, delete games, edit... but there`s no option to add code.

Do I add a new game, name it something than add new codes to that file?

2) I have Ripped my DVD games by removing the movies so that they fit on a regular CD, what do you think would be the best program to use to burn the image onto a CD?

(I copied one game I have and put it on a CD, it starts fine, I can select all the begginning things, but when the mission is just about to start it just freezes in the loading stage.)

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2003
  12. Oner

I haven't done those methods for a while since I got a M2Pro chip, but what you are saying sounds correct.

As for the ripped games you have to ask in the main forum, I don't ripp games to CD so I have no experience there, sorry.

13. cruisin

cruisin Member

Has anyone ever heard of a USB mod chip device (for PS2)? I once saw a web page for it and now that I'm looking for a good mod chip this seems like a great one.

I searched this site, but theres not really a place for this question so please forgive me if I missed the thread.

14. FudgeYou

FudgeYou Guest

Ok i have a TDK indiDVD 440N (+ and - support) well n e way when you back up a PS2 game do you need to do any special thing or do you just copy the disc im using the newest version or Roxio i dont know i fthta matters but i was just wondering my mod chip is on its way in the mail

15. FudgeYou

FudgeYou Guest

Ive seen a USB mod chip before... i think you need an action replay or Gamesharkk though i wouldnt buy it i would stick with the mor popular mod chips

16. ReeSi

ReeSi Guest

i would like to know if a knife swap trick would work with memory manager 16, it has a part in memory manager 16 where the disk stops spinning, and also i would like to know if TDK is a good brand of cd-r, i have gotten many backups to work on my dreamcast, but i burned one on TDK, and it didnt work, maybe thats the reason why my swap trick with mm16 doesnt work, any help at all would be appreciated

17. robert34

robert34 Guest

Memory Manager would boot cd, if there is a point where it stops spinning. Not sure about DVD though

18. PS2Life32

PS2Life32 Guest

Please forgive my stupidity but what does DB mean in the comparisan chart?

19. Oner

It's not a stupid question at all (I had edited the chart and must have deleted the "Key").

DB = Direct Boot.

20. cuti65

cuti65 Member

Hi there,

I like to buy the Slidecard for my PS2 v.7, but I have something unclear about the use of it. Can I still use my Gameshark 2 version 3 in combination with the Slidecard disc set? Since Gameshark 2 v.3 requires exactly the same procedure as Slidecard in swapping discs (first, start up from Gameshark disc to activate codes, then eject it and swap with a PS2 game disc to continue booting), so I wonder where the Slidecard bootdisc stands in this procedure. As billz adviced, GS2 v.3 won't work, I could go back to using GS 2 v.2, but then all the codes for the latest games such as Splinter Cell, Silent Hill 3... won't be available. Or maybe putting in a Magic chip 3.1 is the only solution? I could not find the answer for this problem on your site. Please shed me some light. Thanks a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.