1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 compatible video creation thread (tsMuxeR etc.).

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Ryu77, Jan 30, 2008.

1. zr123

zr123 Member

Hi Ryu77,

I did as you said but can't seem to get the files to work on my PS3. I have audio, but no video. When I try them on my computer, they seem to work perfectly fine (using VLC).

I did exactly as you suggested, the only thing different/in addition that I did was use HDBDSplitGUI to split the m2ts into 2GB ea and then copy them onto my HDD. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

2. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

zr123, What type of video stream are you working with? Is it AVC/h264?

I have never used HDBDSplitGUI, but I am getting the feeling that this could be the problem.

Are you working with a source mkv container or something else? If you are, you could try splitting the mkv file first with MKVmerge GUI as I suggested to godofnec. Then follow the steps for each split.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  3. zr123

zr123 Member

Ryu77,

It was an MKV file. I'll try to do it all over again and split the MKV files first. Should there be any particular settings I should be using with H264info, ie: add 3:2 pulldown, output frames, aspect ratio, etc, etc?

Thanks again!

4. zr123

zr123 Member

Ryu77,

Just wanted to give you an update.

I tried everything again, including splitting the MKV file using the program you suggested, but the result is still the same. I get audio but no video.

I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong?

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

5. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

zr123,could you open up the mkv file in MKVinfo GUI (MKVtoolnix) and copy and paste ALL of it onto a Private Message for me?

At this point I can't understand what's wrong. You would only need to perform inverse 3:2 pulldown if you wanted to change the source frame rate from 29.976 (pulldown) to 23.976 (progressive) but I'm not sure if that is the problem. Hopefully MKVinfo can give me some insight to what could be the problem.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  6. zr123

zr123 Member

hey Ryu77,

This might sound silly, but for some reason I can't find the PM button. This looks to be different from any other forum I've been on.

Anywho, I tried to do what you said and find out the info. But each time I try, the program crashes. Do you think perhaps there is something wrong with the MKV file? I tried with the original and the split versions as well.

7. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Definitely! There is something wrong!

Are you sure it's h264 video? When you open up the mkv file in MKVextract GUI. What information does it give you for the video?

8. zr123

zr123 Member

hmm...

Here's what I see:

Under the "content" box:
    Track ID 1: video (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC)
    Tradi ID 2: audio (A_AC3)

and then under the tracks tab:
    mkvextract tracks "D:\moviename\moviename1080p-001.mkv" 1:"D:\moviename~1\moviename1080p-001_Track1.h264" 2:"D:\moviename~1\moviename1080p-001_Track2.ac3"

9. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Hey, can you quickly edit that post to remove the name of the movie you are working with... ;-)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  10. zr123

zr123 Member

edit.

11. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

By the way, can I ask why do you want to split the movie into 2gb chunks?

The 2gb limit is ONLY for DivX and wmv files on the PS3. A FAT or FAT32 partition is limited to 4gb not 2gb.

12. zr123

zr123 Member

Oh you're right! I totally forgot about that.

And I edited the msgs now... so what do you think might be the issue? a corrupt file?

13. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

I don't know... You are saying the PS3 plays the audio but not the video from a m2ts container created by tsMuxeR?

That is very strange behavior for the PS3, usually if one of the streams are corrupt it will label it corrupt and deem it unplayable.

14. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Are you sure you are following the step to change the profile level correctly?

You need to load the RAW h264 stream into h264info type 4.1 in the box left of the text "Level (1 - 5.1)". Leave all other fields blank. Save a NEW h264 file and load the NEW file with tsMuxeR (together with your ac3 stream). Save the m2ts and all should be good.

15. zr123

zr123 Member

Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing... let me try it again.

I'm downloading another file which should be done tomorrow, if I still don't have any success with this current file... I'll try the new one tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

16. zr123

zr123 Member

It workssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! I have no idea what I may have done wrong previously, but I just tried it again and it works beautifully.

I haven't connected my PS3 to my receiver/projector yet, just the TV and it looks great.

Will test the full package out and post results.

17. godofnec

godofnec Member

Yea you should not help your enemy. Je je je.
    I didn't know that, dragon.
    Probably we must remember those days when SFII HD Remix be released on the PS3.
    Have a nice weekend.

PD Where are you from?, or at least what its your time, in order to know whats our time diference. I´m in central time

18. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Lol... I'm on a different island to you!

I live in Sydney, Australia. :-D

19. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Great! HD movies look so good, don't they? Especially on a 1080p panel. It's hard to go back to SD once you start watching HD!

Have you seen Bridge to Terabithia? The Blu-ray release of that has fantastic picture quality. The scenes in the movie take full advantage of the format too, with some inspiring looking fantasy landscapes. The story line is great too. It is very deep and if you aren't that way inclined, you may miss the deeper meaning. Children will not absorb that deeper level of the film as it is definitely on an adult level but they will enjoy the fantasy aspect. I will admit, it stirred up my emotions like crazy.

Well... Before I turn this thread into a review. I'll leave it at that and let you decide for yourself.

20. tiagodm

tiagodm Member

hi ryu!

I'm new here, so I was reading about that software and I tried it and it is great but I can't *no way* get the subtitles in ts container. I have tried with ts container and with vob container. I can't get subtitles on both.
    Is there any way to do it without by muxing in the subs in ts or vob containers?

Thankx in advance,

Tiago