1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 fan reasonably loud.

Discussion in 'PS3' started by Joejoe, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Joejoe

Joejoe Newbie

I cleaned all vents with my hoover and it didn’t change anything. When I move around my video collection on the XMB for fifteen-plus seconds, even if I then stop scrolling around, the fans begin a steady climb until they are fairly loud—louder than I would expect considering I’m not taxing the machine with simple scrolling. CPU 61°C, RSX 66°C.

Also in the past few weeks I’ve noticed when I scroll down a list of videos on the XMB, even files on an external USB also, the remote appears to get stuck and scrolls the whole way to the end of the list in that same direction, until it reaches the end. For whatever reason I don’t think it’s the Sony PS3 remote that is the issue. I could be totally wrong, I have been before, but it seems the issue might be the PS3 slim itself.

I wonder if my 1.5 TB spin point drive is showing its age? Or maybe the PS3 itself is? Of maybe this coincided with when I updated to 4.82 cfw recently... from 4.80 cfw. I never use my machine online, have WiFi deactivated and don’t really game on this machine. The remote issue also seemed to occur around the same time—I think