1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 HDD swap

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by MR_STARFIRE123, Oct 13, 2019.

1. MR_STARFIRE123

MR_STARFIRE123 Member

Hi guys i had rebug installed on my slim ps3 and it was working great.But it was somewhat limited due to its 250 gb hdd.So i decided to put in a 500 gb hdd.And obviously that was the easy part . I still had to re-mod the console .Which used to be a walk in the park for me . However after trying and failing a number of times to install 4.84 i had to settle and get the official 4.85. Since i noticed that installing rebug would still be possible ..

However after following a tutorial that seemed to go on forever and had a million parts the mod would simply not work .It seemed that i had trouble at every point .

I was instructed to install a hybrid version of 4.85 which i did .However the ps3 reported no change.Although i was able to dump the nor.

I am mega confused .As i now d not know which firmware i have since the ps3 reports 4.85 . .I just do not know where to go from here

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  2. dk0dave

dk0dave Member

if you still have the other hdd handy you can get it done using AOMEI Backupper for pc .. Do not format nothing within windows. your best best would be to get a 2tb hdd. There is a how to guide search it.