1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS4 removing warranty stickers

Discussion in 'PS4' started by dodoegg1, Nov 2, 2018.

1. dodoegg1

dodoegg1 Regular member

Hi I've got an original PS4 and a disc is well and truly stick in the drive. It sounds like its chewed the disc up and snapped inside as the disc wasn't centered when I inserted it, and as Sony somehow dont have the technology to get the disc drive to auto-centre the disc it got completely jammed. So I cant even manually remove it using the little screwdriver hole at the side of the tray.

So my plan is to get into the PS4 and take the CD drive out (following a youtube tutorial video).

My questions are;
    1) Can the warranty stickers be easily removed using a hairdryer to heat it off? Or will it void even if heated off?

and

2) are these warranty void stickers even legal now (in the UK)? I read in the US that a legal ruling means they no longer have any real meaning and dont actually void the warranty any more. But I cant find anything on whether this is the case in the UK. The reason I want to keep the warranty sticker intact is if I fail to get the disc out myself then I'll have to send it to Sony and get them to do it. They'll obviously allege I'm at fault if those little stickers are voided.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I would contact Sony and let them know that you are sending it to them and not mess with it.