1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Bricked

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by chrlygrn, Mar 24, 2008.

1. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

Help!!! My PSP won't Turn on. The Green light comes on, but the UMD drive doesn't spin up, the memory card light doesn't flash and there's no picture. I was upgrading the firmware and then it stopped at 50%!!! The psp battery was full and it was plugged in, but it still shut off! Now I don't get anything. It's not under waranty so i'm free to tamper with it. Is there any reset code? I tried lots, but none seem to work. Is there something on the mother board that can fix it? My charger AND Battery works on a friends psp, so it's not that! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

2. ck44

ck44 Member

3. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

MY PSP WON"T TURN ON OR CONNECT TO THE COMPUTER> THAT DOESN'T WORK!!! :( HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT IF I CAN'T ACCESS PSP?

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@chrlygrn
    Knock off the caps - it's like you're shouting + against the rules.
    Remove the email from you sig too - yep that's against the rules too.

5. ngepi

ngepi Member

@chrlygrn your psp is bricked,, bigtime,, hehehehehe but don't you worry this happened to me last week and took me all day fixing it only to find out that i have a defective memory stick that's why it got bricked. I have the same problem as yours..

SOLUTION:
    only pandora's battery can save you man,,, if you don't know how to create one here is the guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610312

one more thing,, try using a different memory stick,,, hope this works!!

6. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

I have 2 memory sticks, they both work in friends' psp's. Thanks. I'll check out pandora battery and keey you posted!

7. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

My PSP was 3.51. The pandora battery won't help because I can't put anything on the memory stick because I can't connect my computer to psp and vice versa. Is there a way to connect a bricked psp to the computer?

8. Moogies

Moogies Member

I'd love to know that too. I wonder if there's something in Service Mode that would allow you to activate the USB?

I can't even see the menu in Service Mode because I have a Slim. So right now I can't do anything with my PSP at all. :(

But, I may have some advice. There's this website called DealExtreme (I hope it's okay to mention that here; I won't provide a link to it, though). They make cheap rip-off products and have free worldwide shipping. My idea is to buy a cheap MS Pro Duo card reader USB stick from them and try to format my memory stick back into a MMS using that and the TotalNewbi EasyInstaller package.

I've already ordered the card reader; it was less than $4. I'll let you know if my plan is successful. :]

(Btw, be careful, do a lot of research and make sure you pick a product with decent user reviews. DealExtreme is ridiculously cheap for very good reasons.)

But heck, what's $4 and free shipping. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  9. ngepi

ngepi Member

you will not know if your mem stick is malfunctioning unless you use it for installing CFW... mem stick with bad sectors will still work as your game mem stick,, you can still put isos and csos in it,, the only problem during the installation of CFW is its a little bit sensitive about this bad sectors of your mem stick,,, you usually get a PSAR decode error XXXXXX then your psp is bricked,,,

BTW you cannot read the psp in your computer once you've had this problem,,, you cant even go to the recovery mode... try using a new or different memory stick to install the CFW... follow the guide on the link that i posted,,, sure it'll help you a lot!!! :D

10. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

I can't install it because I don't have a MS Pro reader in my computer. I don't have an external one too :( I always used to use the psp connecter to connect it to the computer. And my friend just went away on holidays too, so I can't use his psp to do it.

11. Moogies

Moogies Member

If you have a few dollars to spare, you could try DealExtreme (google it). They do very cheap hardware. For most things, I wouldn't recommend them. However, they sell Pro Duo card readers for about $3 each, and FREE shipping (even on one cheap little item like that). Shipping takes around 3 weeks though, I think.

If they work, that might help you. If not... ah well, no big loss for $3. :)

I've ordered one myself, with the hopes of using it to unbrick my Slim.

12. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

I borrowed my friends reader. I did the install, but it doesn't work with my psp "FAT". The mspro indicator light doesn't blink either to read it anyway!

13. wasted420

wasted420 Regular member

14. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

I am Using XP, but I tried many times, but no indicator light :(
    Any more help?

15. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

16. chrlygrn

chrlygrn Guest

I can't solder. Is there anything easier?

17. Moogies

Moogies Member

Buy one. Datel TOOL batteries are about £15.

18. ngepi

ngepi Member

if you can borrow another psp to somebody else,, then this might just solve your problem,, create a magic mem stick using somebody else psp... then try creating the pandoras battery in that psp,,,

btw,, make sure that you will be borrowing a psp with CFW... ok?? just to make things easier...

alright?? i've had this problem and solved it using the universal unbricker... :)