1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP motherboarb compatibility guide(Full)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by legend999, Jul 21, 2006.

1. xche78x

xche78x Guest

try my devhook guide then follow the link to HEN_C homebrew enabler C for devhook special edition.

2. phatinc

phatinc Member

I'm sorry if this has been explained somewhere else, but i couldn't find an answer,

My friend has a non TA-082 mobo, but he has fw 2.71 can he still install devhook 0.46 and play iso games? (links to guides would also be great)

3. xche78x

xche78x Guest

@phatinc yeah those are already answered in million posts before
    and if you would just search, you can easily find the answer.
    anyways, he can either use HEN_C by dark alex or downgrade it to 1.5

i think this is the proper thread, if only you would read from the start.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2006
  4. AFreak

AFreak Regular member

Ok, I can't see mine...but I bought my PSP at launch, so i shouldn't have TA-082 should I? When I say I can't see it, i mean the IC isn't in the place it should be, it's covered up by the silver part, the number and instead of in the top right hand its in the left corner...

EDIT: When is the PSP's Mod-Chip getting released?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  5. xche78x

xche78x Guest

@AFreak since you bought it at launch, your psp is theoretically downgrade-able, unless you have updated it to 2.8x, anything non-ta082 2.71 below is downgrade-able.

i think if you are not seeing the IC1003 mark, that just means its not TA-082.
    just be aware that newer models from last month are bearing a new board which is undowngrade-able, i think ookm says its TA-086.

i think the modchip is out for a while now.

6. AFreak

AFreak Regular member

oh, and yes I have 2.8, so I'll have to wait for a downgrade. Also, if the mod-chip is out, have you found any place that is offering installations? because I couldn't do it if I tried...

7. daznkel

daznkel Guest

Hi I am a noob to all of this and would like some help and clarification having read this thread.

I have today recieved my shiny new PSP from dabs.com

Before opening the box I checked the label and I have the following PSP-1004 and WS259 H on one of the barcode labels. So I opened the box up to have a look inside the UMD drive to see if I could find a serial number, and yes I could BUT it was on the left hand side and not the right as shown in the photo in the guide (there is definately nothing on the right), also, the text isnt very clear and only half of the letters can be seen so I cant be sure which motherboard it is. I think the text reads 1C8001 or maybe 1CB001 or 1C6001. Does this mean that I have been extremely fortunate and it wont be the TA-082?

If this is all correct how do I downgrade to 1.5 and install/run DevHook?

Any help is most appreciated for a noob!!!

8. Teh777

Teh777 Guest

To noob: Ha ha ha ha, i think your psp not TA-082, many psps have a code on the left hand side, don't worry.

Is it the code blocked something or it upside down? if the code blocked something or it upside down i think it is safe to downgrade. If you see theres a code 'IC1003' on the left or right hand side, i think you better don't downgrade.

My psp is same like yours, left-IC600l(not sure B or 6),right-no code

My PSP life: 1.5-2.6(stupid to upgrade)-2.71(prepare downgrade)-1.5

SORRY MY BAD English.....

9. jponan

jponan Member

Hi, I need help. My psp was working fine, until a couple a weeks ago, the control pad, became cucucu, and started to move itself. So I opened the case, and try to adjust the plastics that cover the motherboard, cause I tought that was the problem, but no luck, the problem still persited, so I want to know if there is any other way of solving this ? Thanks

10. hack01

hack01 Regular member

Can some1 please tell me how to downgrade my PSP. it has no code on the motherboard,its a 2.6v and I got the old GTA LCS.

11. touran22

touran22 Regular member

wrong place to post it man!!

12. Xithon

Xithon Member

I have yet to actually buy a PSP, but am looking into getting one now.

I've found a nice one on eBay in a value pack and the seller is advertising that it is version 1.5 with english manuals etc.

The seller tells me he can't be sure of the mobo number or version because it's unopened, but does the fact it's an unopened version 1.5 rule out the possibility of the console having the TA-082 mobo or any others that are stubborn?

PS, as a sort of side-question to add to that, is the version 1.5 able to have all the features version 2.71 has and play all PSP UMD games fine but still be capable of all the ISO reading (from mem cards and USB) with the latest dev-hook program?
    My understanding of developer hooks are that they allow the console to emulate a more advanced version of FW, but actually have a 1.5 and still have all the capabilities of 1.5 AND 2.71. I hope I'm right in thinking that! :)

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  13. Xithon

Xithon Member

Just found out from the seller, the unit is a PSP-1000 1.5v

Not sure if that makes a difference. He also mentions that the console is from Japan with multi region enabled and English materials in the box.

14. rpggmr

rpggmr Member

well i tried using the hen_c thing because i have the shitty luck of getting one off the IC1003 mobos and it wont work, follow the instructions and put the files in the root but cant open them through the XMB, any help?

15. Xithon

Xithon Member

Bingo! Have a look at this thread, it may be of some help to you and your IC1003. Don't bank too highly on it, but it might just work. They say it works with versions 1.5 to 2.71 FW and mobo version TC-082.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/401672

Post back and tell me how you get on. That thread's been closed but it's had stacks of positive feedback. Hope it's of some help.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  16. rpggmr

rpggmr Member

thx dude, i found out what i did wrong and got it workin, nice thread

17. Xithon

Xithon Member

No problem, I sort of stumbled on it by accident. I think there's even a link to a video with a little guide in it to show you how to do certain things too.

18. baocong

baocong Member

i was wondering, i read through the whole thread and didn't find an answer, but is there a way to tell which one doesn't contain the ta-082's with the new entertainment pack for psp's? cause im thinking of buying one, and i've seen from my cousins box, the same as the one im gonna buy, that there is no lettering on the barcodes. it just says psp-1001/98509 on the cover and on some of the corners. does this have any way of deciphering whether or not it has a ta-082 in it? just to let you know, there was a ta-082 in hers ^^;;

19. BobFixIt

BobFixIt Member

I wanted to buy the entertainment pack also, but when i went to go buy one today i looked at the box (its black and yellow colored) and there isn't any sticker on it which i could tell what firmware it is, the box also says psp-1001/98509. Any way to find out what firmware it is with this box?

20. bishop222

bishop222 Member

Hey guy, take pitty on me. I HAVE read the guides. . . read the posts. . . .done the searches. Simple question. . .I am likely going to go buy my PSP tomorrow from that giant dept. store chain that is taking over the world. . . . .read the posts from July 06 to now. . . a lot of numbers and revisions as mobo's change and updates to firmware and software happen. . . my guess is that I am out of luck when it comes to downgrading the firmware on the unit I will likely purchase tomorrow. Am I correct in assuming this? or is there a chance that I may get one with downgradable firmware. I will ask the kid (in those snazzy blue vests that they wear) to check every friggin box in that locked glass cupboard if I have to. . .Do I have a shot?