1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psx boot disc.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by josiborg, Nov 24, 2002.

1. JYM

JYM Member

Well everyone do not waste CDs burning boot discs from the net. They wont work unless you have a mode chip. I downloaded the PS-X-Change 2 and doesnt work. However it does work with a mode chip as GAME SHARK for cheat codes. The boot part on the original CDs cant be burned, no matter what CD the playstation will never read it. Unless you buy the original boot disc. All Im saying is that if you wasted CD's burning boot discs dont throw them away keep them they might be useful later for Game Shark Codes. I noticed that the PS-X-Change 2 comes with a PVC CARD and a spring. Anyways here is a link so you can see for your own eyes.
    http://www.consolesource.com/installation/ps-ex2-mod/install.htm
    If you dont buy the original CD you will basically waste a CD and wont be able to use it untill you get a chip or a Original boot disc.
    However if you know someone who has the chip already and uses the boot disc you downloaded from the net, you might be able to use it as a Game Shark. The best thing to do is to download games from the net before they go away. And wait for a good mod chip to appear with low price. Untill then...

2. angryinch

angryinch Guest

check out www.bootdiscs.co.uk. does it do what is says on the tin?

3. ScaTy

ScaTy Guest

HI......I have heard about self boot psx/ps2 backups. I have documentation on how to do this but dont have links where to get the tools from. Has anyone else heard of this method, if so which tool/s will i need and where can i get them from. Or am i just wasting my time, i can send a copy of instructions to anyone who might want to help. Cheers......:)

4. dlbott

dlbott Member

Wrong, I have modded, usb toggle, and cut trace modded ps1 and too many games to count. I had the original gameshark boot disc and copied it. The copy also worked. Now that it is the second grandson's turn they have broken original gameshark boot disc in half and the copy is too scratched to work any longer. So the lies that the boot disc does not exist on ps1 is just that, lies. It does. Now someone out there still has one. I need to download copy. so please, how bout little free world help and give a brother link to get it so they can use ps1 games again. thanks the bot

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Wow! you must really be hard up to put up a post. This thread had been dead for 15 years, before your post.

6. dlbott

dlbott Member

No, just have next generation who wants to play the over 6 700 playstation 2 games we have and they broke both the game shark disk's and just trying to find a purple game shark boot disk to keep them going. That is all... no matter how old the thread is, when a new post is posted it becomes new again, from one grandpa to another. lol...

I just need to find a good copy to download so they can do the swap method and play the games... they have dongle crack for it. the trace cut must have been the first playstation or one of their others, they have had them all lol.

If anyone still has one, would appreciate it...

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

It's called dredging,it's why your being called on it for reviving a dead thread.New topic should've been created as there's more chance of an answer.Only reason i'm seeing this thread is i don't browse forums only the home page & i can see new replies at a glance

Not sure why your wasting time with a boot disc when it's not required nor is a modchip for the ps2.Why haven't you soft modded it & run the discs from hard drive,either in a fat with the network adapter or from usb with an external.

Time for some reading & you'll have better luck as well for answers and get some ps2 games from the download section,from a still active forum,which is why this thread your in is dead,it's not active.Just make sure not to dredge over there or you'll get booted/banned ,say a thread no older than 3 months.Make sure to search forum before asking a question that may have already been answered

check downloads at TIS > (initials of the iso zone,you'll see it in topics when members refer to the site) for the boot disc your after

1 method of hdd install for a phat ps2 (there's mods for slim at TIS & most likely on youtube)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOd_1DYsIQg&t=182s

theisozone.com