question about programming

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by CRAZYmack, Mar 23, 2003.

1. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

I want to start programming. The average person that programs uses C or C++? what do they use, for like the programs that i always hear people talking about : "oh and so i went home and wrote some programs" what would they use and what would be best for a beginner?

2. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

C++ or BASIC would probably be the best ones, basic is incredibly straight forward, I use it to program bread-board microcontrollers to run things.

3. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

my school has dev C++ and i was wondering how long it takes to learn, and how high of a math level it would take to be able to learn it?

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

As much as I hate to admit this, but the best C++ development environment for Windows programming is probably the Microsoft Visual C++.

5. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

and so how long would it take me to learn? and what lvl of math would u need? i heard taht you would need to have completed algebra 2?

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

IMHO, programming is 25% logical skills (understanding boolean operators and overall logic), 15% language skills (seriously, if you have "gift" to learn to speak 5 different spoken languages, your chances of learning programming are much higher) and 60% of creativity.

Nowadays there are two categories of programmers: day-to-day programmers, who do it because they thought its a career to earn more money "easily" but don't have the "passion" for programming -- these guys have 80% logical thinking and 19% language skills and 1% creativity. And then there are lifestyle-programmers who would do programming whether they get any money out of it ever or not -- programming is their art, their passion.

7. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

sounds hard enough, i'll just try doin the class in my school. Some of the kinds in my school made some pretty coool stuff, it was simple but pretty cool. oh and also, dRD do u know by change why i don't get e mail notifications when there are replies? because i checked and my e mail adress is correct?