Question for any Moderator

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Iverson3, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Iverson3

Iverson3 Guest

My last account (JrIverson)got banned and im not sure why. This is my 3rd account but I know why my 1st account and best got banned stupid friend of mine using my account did some stupid stuff on this (hope that isn't why my other one got banned). Well now I made this one and he finally has his own since I'm not gonna let him ban my 3rd account cause it took me a while to become a Member status. So can someone like do some research and tell me why?

Thanks,
    Arkadiy

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

You can do a search for all the posts under your previous nick to see why it was deactivated. Sometimes they are deactivated for lack of use.

3. Iverson3

Iverson3 Guest

Well I used it alot but I found the Thread that banned my last account but I was still a newbie on that account so it wasnt as bad losing it.

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Actually no, accounts wont get Inactive due lack of use. There are three options for account to become inactive:

-its banned

-our system sends out periodic emails to all users. If several times the email account "bounces" -- i.e. it doesn't exist, the host doesn't exist or the mailbox is full, the account becomes inactive. This can happen even to moderators, but once you try to login with such account, it should provide you a way to give a new, valid email address instead and to re-activate your account again.

5. Praetor

I was close.

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Actually, this the guy who kept posting threads that violated the rules and basically said he didn't care about the rules and dared the mods to ban him.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/83988
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 - v8
    Mod - Magic V
    Burner - CenDyne (Pioneer) DVR-A05
    Media - Anything Cheap

Gamecube w/Broadband Adapter
    Phantasy Star Online
    Animal Crossing Loader v1.4
    Phantasy Star Uploader v1.1
    Gamecube ISO Ripping Server v1.0.0.29
    [/small]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  7. Praetor

LOL i see i see :p

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

If it was your "friend" than you should have no more problems right? As a kind gesture from you, would you please post his name so the moderators here can make sure to keep an eye on him so that he doesn't cause problems in the future on aD? That would be much appreciated. Thank You.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Please Search before posting http://forums.afterdawn.com/search . Here is my PS2 Tutorial http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105[/small]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  9. Iverson3

Iverson3 Guest

He really doesnt want me to he thinks that you will just ban his account again.

10. Iverson3

Iverson3 Guest

Oh and about the problems there shouldnt be any unless I'm breaking a rule I dont know of.

11. Praetor

POssibly but that would be warranted -- i cant speak for the rest of the Mod team but I wont ban him unless he does something stupid again

12. Iverson3

Iverson3 Guest

"Rest of the Mod team" can be a problem I'll tell you though if he ever does something stupid I'll send you the link.