question for water damage iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by pdf0791, Aug 28, 2009.

1. pdf0791

pdf0791 Guest

well..heres the deal. my iphone is now dead thanks to a freak accident involving some water. its dead and doesn't turn on.

I was going to sell it anyway..so my question is if i manage to sell it to someone who thinks they can repair it..and do repair it, will they have access to all my info on the phone before the accident? For example, texts, apps, email..

Thanks =)

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

i would say it depends on what all was damaged (hard drive, logic board, screen). if it was me, i wouldnt bother selling it just because of that. i have heard of people taking their phones apart, drying them, cleaning them, and scraping off part of the water damage indicator and getting them replaced under warranty. but have also heard people that tried to do this and were refused service.

3. guessswho

guessswho Active member

I'd be hesitant. Some information is on the SIM card, but still there will be some on the hdd. I would be a little nervous about that.

4. tootall2

tootall2 Member

It looks like you need to put the phone (or any other water logged gadget) in a plastic bag for a day or two with some silica gel.
    Been there, done that!