question on PS1

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by purity1, Dec 19, 2010.

1. purity1

purity1 Member

OK i no this console is very old and doesn't have a category to post in that's why I'm posting here.

me and my Mrs was looking though the Attic today and we found a ps1 with pads and leads but no games i know they are very hard to get hold of now and i was wondering if it would be possible to flash the on board bios with one that will read my backed up games i have in storage from my ps1 (which was sadly lost in a house move 3 years ago) so that we could play them games on my wife's console?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

might be able to find an old ps1 with a modchip in it at a yard/garage sale or secondhand store.a modchip or action replay will allow you to play backed up games on ps1.the otherway is the swap trick (need an original ps1 game).basically swap trick involves jamming the button at the back that makes the laser work and switching the discs at the right time (at the black screen if i recall when the disc slows)

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

to get success with that you need an original game with a HUGE toc .. crazy taxi or creatures - raised in space

Sad to say the boot disks are now as extinct as the ps1 games.. and the chips.. BUT .. if you are clever and can find a suitable chip (they were actually a common electronics component) it's not too hard to flash them yourself..

depending on console version you will need the 4 wire or 5 wire mod.. and of course.. you will have to find the hacked bios as well.. I have all that info... somewhere .. what you need to do first tho is get hold of an original ps1 game from somewhere and check the thing will actually work...... I have a box of them somewhere under the stairs with dead lasers. They really don't like burned disks as they get older.

If it does work.. and seems like it will work for a while .. then I have ONE source for the chips... hehehe.. tho they may be out of stock completely..

http://www.playstation-modchip.info/100x.html

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010