Question to Moderator

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Mouth_uk, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Being a Newbie I'm learning as I go. I came across a response by one of the senior members that double/triple posting is not allowed.

After checking the rules again, I can't seem to find anything confirming this.

The reason I ask is that I triple posted in one of my first responses and I apologise if I broke the rules.

2. account

account Guest

it's not that big of a deal as long you don't do it often just don't make a habbit of it and you'll be fine

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2004
  3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Check Rule 3. :)

Double/triple and in some cases, quintuple and beyond posting -- ive seen it and it annoys the hell outta me. :) How would you like to answer the same question a bazillion times -- to the same person? ;-)

4. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Ah, no I thought dbl/triple posting was posting 2/3 times in a row on the same thread. I see, it is all clear to me now.

P.S In that case I haven't done any cross/dbl/trple or quintuple posting.

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

You probally read that from one of Dela's comments. That would really bother him. Also it used to be a problem in the old web setup when you could click the reply button six time and it would post your comment six times. Now I think there is a delay of a couple seconds. Generally it is not good, because some Mods subscribe to threads and get a lot of messages that are really just the same. So best to avoid it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a number
    I am a Free Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2004