question when creating iso

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by ger08, Jun 14, 2005.

1. ger08

ger08 Member

alright well im using craxtion 4.0 ( i couldnt find any of the other programs) and when i open the file to create an iso it says "No xbe files in the file i opened or in its subdirectories" but it does allow me to create an iso and before i burn it to a dvd i wanted to be sure that its okay to have no xbe files...thanks for any help

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

There will always be atleast the default.xbe in the root of the disc.

You sure you are creating the ISO correctly? Shouldn't need to "open" a file to create an ISO, should select the folder the contents are in to make the ISO.

3. ger08

ger08 Member

ya i meant folder...it was from a game i downloaded and all the files are either roo (goes to ro23), a SFV file, an RAR file, and a MSinfo document but no xbe files this means that i cannot create an iso to play on my modded box correct?

oh and i was also wondering i just recently got craxtion and i was wondering if it can be used as a program like flash fxp

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

select the very first .rar file and extract it using winrar...once extracted it should already be a iso image, so just burn it.

next time lets not talk about downloaded games, we don't need that in the forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2005
  5. ger08

ger08 Member

alright well i tried that (and it unzipped all the roo files too into one big iso file and when i tried to find the first rar file it was gone) and i even used craxtion to check it and there was an xbe file in there yet when i burned the iso with nero and played it in my xbox it would not play (in c said unknown) and when i burned it on my xbox it would not even show up in the games..what am i doing wrong?

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

there should not be a .xbe file with the iso...the iso is archived into all those 47mb .rar files...double click the first one, it will open winrar, choose extract to, choose where you want to save the file, and it will extract the iso...then just burn the image.

put craxtion away for this procedure...all you need is winrar, and a burning app that will burn images.

7. ger08

ger08 Member

yes finally it worked thank you all very much (i believe i was burning it wrong with nero also because i wasnt burning it as a dvd image) but it finally works thanks again