+R or -R

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by alavey, Jul 24, 2006.

1. alavey

alavey Member

I have been backing up some xbox games for quite a while but lately I seem to be getting alot of dirty disc messages or lockups. I have used both +R and -R to backup games and both have seemed to work fine till recently. My question is which one is supposed to work better (more reliable); +R or -R?

2. theridges

theridges Guest

High quality -R like Varbatim.....

3. steimy

steimy Active member

agree, DVD-R for sure.

4. SlimHiggy

SlimHiggy Guest

It's strange because I have TDK dvd-rs which I know work on my xbox but I can't burn XISOs on them

5. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

It's because TDK media is poor quality compared to Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  6. butchaboy

butchaboy Member

RiDisc Xtrem DVD-R for me

7. theridges

theridges Guest

and sometimes it just depends all of us senior/addicts will tell you to use verbatim,TY,Ridata but some other type of media will work but you might run into problems along the way i got a 200 pack of printable TDK DVD-R for 6 dollars and they run on my box like a champ,but normal TDK DVD-R's wont....it just all depends on the DVD Drive in the Xbox Usually..

8. SlimHiggy

SlimHiggy Guest

I've got TDK game backups that work in my xbox but I think that my dvd writer doesn;t work very well with the discs

9. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Maybe cleaning your lens. I actually have all my backup games from sony media +r and have work great no problems.

10. alavey

alavey Member

I went out and got sony -r media sense that was about the best thing I could find as far as avail media. And now the games that I had before that were not working correctly and saying dirty disc are working just fine. So yeah for the record -r makes a big difference over +R. thanks all...

11. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Bitsetting good +R discs to DVD-ROM also works to solve the dirty disc errors.

12. steimy

steimy Active member

agree with the above, if your burner can bitset (booktype) the DVD+R to DVD-Rom it makes the game run very smoothly and will give you a great quality back up disc.