Random things happening to my DVD Player HELP!!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by branch79, Sep 18, 2008.

1. branch79

branch79 Member

Hi,

I have a Sumvision HDMI DVD Player and it is not totally broken but.....

some films it will play fine but this is the weird thing, some things it goes weird as once i put a film in and selected play movie on menu screen and it just went back to the trailers then menu screen again.
    Another one i selected play on menu screen and it started half way through film, i tried selecting a scene from select a scene menu but would not let me choose a scene before the one it starts from.

I do have a few more funny errors but the most common one is problems with menu screens and alot of times i have to start film by going to scene selection and picking scene 1 (but even this does not always work)

I said its weird because some films are totally fine with it so if any ideas out there HELP!!!!

I would be so grateful!!

Cheers

2. JVC

JVC Active member

You can try resetting it to factory settings, like it was when you took it out of the box. It usually tells you how, in the owner's manual, in the troubleshooting area. You can also contact the company themselves. They may be able to help. It may be a known problem. But, it sounds like it's time for a new player.

I've never heard of that brand before. Are you in the US?

3. pastabrow

pastabrow Member

when u say some disk play fine are these D-9 dvd's ie two layer disks, perhaps you can give some examples of good and bad disks,

sumvision have limited firmware updates on the website but will no doubt assist if you email them and suggest the issue you are having,