.rar unzip fails

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by icesoul, Oct 18, 2006.

1. icesoul

icesoul Member

ive searched and searched, on what to do for this issue. ive got several .rar files that i cannot unzip. from what i understand you open the 1st of the several files that are listed like 001, 002, 003 etc. once i begin unzipping the first to get my iso file it goes fine for the first 47, as soon as it hits 48 it fails. here is a list of things ive tried to do to resolve the issue...
    download 3 times with 2 seperate programs, unzip with an alternate program besides winrar. didnt help, i also got the latest version of winrar. no fix. ive tried to use winrar's repair function, did not fix. i have plenty of disc space, the files are 100% complete, there are no other complaints at the site downloaded from of this issue. all other programs are able to be extracted normally without issue.
    the only thing i can think of is the files are actually bad, doesnt make sense though, no complaints posted. any ideas?

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

48 is either corrupt or incomplete. Try getting a different download.

3. icesoul

icesoul Member

that is what i figured why hasnt anyone posted anything about it at the site? matter of fact i did try a different torrent for the same game, possibly though there were all linked to one and the same torrent? this really ticks me off no small file and i DL'd it three times. :mad:

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Yeah, different torrent trackers oftentimes point to the same torrent download. So if you get a torrent off mininova it might be the same one as what you'd get on The Pirate Bay. Sometimes, bad torrents aren't reported immediately, but bad torrents aren't too common anyway, so don't worry too much about it.