READ! How to...EXPLANTION FOR BACKUPS

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by AzidReign, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzidReign

AzidReign Guest

Ok people, I've been reading a lot of threads...on the same stuff. HOW DO I CREATE ISO'S?! HOW DO I TRANSFER GAMES TO PC?! WHEN I BURN THEM IT DOESN'T WORK! Well, I've answer plenty of people's answers, and I keep seeing more posts off the same topic.

First, you want to download to freeware programs.
    CraXtion4.0 at http://www.craxtion.com
    DVD Decrypter at

If you just look at craxtion, there is a create new connection...this is for your xbox, so put your xbox's ip and user and pw in. When you connect, you can RIP DISC, which will take whatever game you have in your xbox and put it on your pc. Then you can go to MAKE ISO and then select the folder that you ripped your games contents in. Once the iso is done, you can go into dvd decrypter and make it so you are burning from hdd to dvd. Select your iso and burn it. Wahla, you now have a [bold]backup[/bold] of YOUR game.

I really hope this clears up a lot of things for some of you.

2. AzidReign

AzidReign Guest

Why does everyone keep posting HOW DO I DO THIS. No one is reading my topic. People who are lost, just do as I say and it will work perfectlly. Oh...and BUMP.

3. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

AzidReign,
    I plan on getting my xbox modded, once it's modded do I have to do anything else to the xbox to make backups? I've read somewhere that you have to "flash" the xbox which i don't know what that means, but anyway I've already downloaded the craxtion4 file and I already have dvd decrypter, sounds pretty simple to do but just want to make sure that i have all the bases covered.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  4. AzidReign

AzidReign Guest

Well, it all depends on how you get your xbox modded. If it's hardmodded, then you will have to flash the bios for it to work properly(the xbox that is). But if you do the softmod(game exploits) then you can begin after you mod ur xbox and make it so you xbox is not a static ip and restart. Then you will have to go back to where your ip is to see what it is and put that in the ip address when you hit "add new connection" in craxtion. The user and password is always xbox too. Sorry if this is a bad explaination...if you need it more in depth, I'll try to write up a good tut.

5. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

If you have procedures on how to "flash" the xbox i would really appreciate it, my xbox should be back in a couple of weeks with a modchip installed, also what program do i have to download to flash the xbox? and where would i find the ip address?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  6. reds3324

reds3324 Member

do you need a dvd burner to make a backup, or can you just use a normal burner and burn the iso onto a dvd-r?

7. reds3324

reds3324 Member

FlashFxp

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I like your ambition to help, but there's already a thread at the top of the page with a detailed explanation of the entire back-up process :)

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Yeah, the link is.... Well it's right in Quads sig!

10. AzidReign

AzidReign Guest

Yeah, I read the tutorial and it's horrible just because the way you guys have people doing it takes too long and they need to find an ftp program (usually for free since not too many ppl will buy em). And craxtion is free, rips the game, creates and iso, and it can also create a multigame disc. I've put 4 games onto one disc easily. So yeah, i did read the tut, i didnt like it, so I decided I would contribute an easier process...it's just no one reads anything, they just post their question and expect someone to answer them.
    And yes, you can put the games on normal cd-r...but there are very few games that will fit on one. So you definitely need a dvd burner.

11. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

That is a harsh opinion AzidReign! A newbie should never bash on a senior member like that. If your tutorial is really that good, the mods will sticky it, but I don't see it stickied yet?

12. philipman

philipman Regular member

yeah I would not talk, Quadratic's tutorial is a lot better.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  13. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

much, i third that.

14. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Quadratic's tutorial covers everything in details, in case people run into problems. If people are too lazy to even read, then they don't deserve to be helped. I usually ignore the same old question of "how to back up Xbox games" and the likes. Read the friggin' sticky, it's there for a reason.

15. AzidReign

AzidReign Guest

haha! Like I care what a senior's opinion is of me...or if I bash them! I've helped PLENTY of people! I prolly have the same amount of knowledge that they do on these subjects. Personally, I don't care if I get banned from here either b/c these forums are not as well organized as all the others that I am a part of. So spend your time bashing me when you could help others?! Thats what I am here for...yet you guys do not care...hmmm All the other forums are happy for my help, why can't you be?! Maybe next time I should create a list of forums that I am apart of so others can go there and read the better tutorials. Does that sound good?!

16. hursty

hursty Active member

what?,go somewhere else then.....,i am sure you are,or will be a great asset,

17. AzidReign

AzidReign Guest

i am somewhere else...i just keep getting all these emails about my posts. I like to help...unlike some ppl here i guess. Right now i'm in 3 forums...well 4 counting this one now.

18. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I'm sure people appreciate that you're trying to help, but you don't have to put down other people by attacking their work.

19. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

His Lordship can go pollute some other forum with his childish attitude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.