1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rearranging VOB structure

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by lerxst28, Sep 5, 2003.

1. lerxst28

lerxst28 Guest

I have a DVD I want to back up. It has 2:00 hrs on one disc and 1:15 on another(long movie). I want to take the last 2 VOB's out of the first set on disc-1(VOB's 6 and 7)and put them on the 2nd disc so I won't have to compress so much. It hurt the quality when I tried this. I renamed the 2 from disc one so the set on disc-2 is 1 through 5. I redid it in IFO edit and disc-1 plays fine but disc -2 plays the 2 streams from disc 1 at the end of the movie(out of order). In other words I'm trying to even out both discs so there's equal amount on both. I noticed that the VOB I'Ds on the 2 I moved to disc-2 have an ID of "2" and the rest have an ID of "1". Is this my problem? Hope this makes sense guys.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Sep 3, 2002

Thats always been a problem in IfoEdit , the 2nd disc doesn't work properly...

Try using [bold]'TMPGEnc DVD Author'[/bold]
  3. lerxst28

lerxst28 Guest

I used the DVD shrink method: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/43401 (the very bottom of the page).
    and the Disc worked but.........when it's playing, I can't go to the beginning chapter where I added the 2 VOB's from disc-1. I can only skip through chapters the on 2nd set of VOB's. I'll keep reading. I'm close.