recommendations for UPS power back-Ups

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by BIGTOXY69, Sep 21, 2009.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Not sure where to post this so I hope I found the right place ? if not I humbly extend my apologies now . My Apc Back -Ups Pro 1100 has gone Bad battery on me and from researching on the internet it appaers that a new set of batteries { 2 in the unit } will cost as much or more than a new unit ! I'be had a Tripplite before and the previously mentioned APC unit so I am familiar with them on a limited basis i suppose ? I've been looking @ the Cyberpower Brand online and they look interesting ! price and feature wise but Though I've heard of them I 've never had any experience with their brand hands on so I'm unsure if how good they are ? I would appreciate it if anyone has used ther Ups units before and what they thought about them ? as well as other units & brands` and what you think of them as well ? again thanks and God Bless

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

battery back ups use sealed 12 volt rechargable batteries. carefully open up the back up unit, and see what size the batteries are. they are rated by amp hour. not the rating, and you can get replacement ones from an electronic parts store or online.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

djscoop- Thanks for the suggestion my friend - But I fear that Either I did'nt present my case fully or clearly enough or perhaps you just misunderstood me ? it happens - MY point was - having researched the batteries prices online it would cost me as much & sometimes more to {JUst Replace The Batteries } in the Old Unit as it would cost to buy a new one { The Cheap VCR SYNDROME ) Cost you more to fix the old one than buy new stuff !!! - So I was asking about peoples experiences/opinions on the Various brands & units that they've used and that kind oif thing ? I thank you for your Time and help regardless though ! Have a Good Day, Evening , Night -Whichever applies !!! Cheers !!!

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

what size are the 12 volt batteries? what prices were you getting for them online?

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

djscoop- rBC-6 12V 12 AMPERE HR. - it's a moot point now as I've orderd another unit ! But I thank you again for your help and information !