record tv show to camera

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by macman123, Oct 25, 2006.

1. macman123

macman123 Regular member

i have a sony dc36something,dont know full name f the top of my head. anyway i want to record a tv show to my camera. I read the directions and what not, and in theory it says that i can. but when i followeed the steps, nothing but a black screen appeared. (no i didnt have the cover cap onany ideas on what to do? do i need a special cable (it says i can just use my yellow, white, red one), or is this simple not possible and i have a huge misunderstanding???
    thanks in advance.

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

If the manual says it can, than it is possible. As long as it does have an analog video input connection you're OK.
    But, most TV's don't have an output connection. If you have a red/whit/yellow connection set on the fornt side of the TV it is probably an input connection, not an output. If you have a VCR in beteween your antenna cable and the TV, connect your camcorder to a VCR output.

3. macman123

macman123 Regular member

that might have been the problem. iwas connecting to the tv, so it was an input. i will try with my vcr/dvd to see if i can get it to work. thanks.