1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

renting game need help?????????????????????????????/

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by phuc, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redmori

redmori Member

This is the best thread i ever read, two thumbs up

2. offset

offset Regular member

I don't have the money to line my walls with lead, so I was wondering if tinfoil would do the trick. I figured since tinfoil is all shiny, that it would reflect the signals and keep me scan free. I also heard that the signals that they try to scan you with will make you sterile, so I fashioned a tinfoil thong (which I'm wearing as we speak) to keep everything working right. I also designed a sporting tinfoil anal probe (just to be safe). One can never take too many chances these days. I'm going out to rent some games, so wish me luck.

3. rj21

rj21 Regular member

just read this thread and i have to say its the best yet.
    LMFAO
    (y)

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I though Blockbuster game discs were built with something of an odometer in them that counted the number of times the disc spun around. Since PC's need to read the entire disc when copying and PS2's only read what they need they could tell if you copied it. You might be able to fool them by rewinding before returning!?!? Has anybody tried this yet?

5. rj21

rj21 Regular member

just got back from taking goldeneye back to blockbusters and i rewound it b4 i went and they didnt suspect a thing..........just hope they dont pull me up next time im in there :O:O:O:O

then again i mite just go to choice videos next time....

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Wear a different disguise every time you go in there. That's what I do. Makeup doesn't hurt either.

What you could do is return the burned copy instead of the original. That way they'll never know what's on the original disc's odometer.

7. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

phuc,
    Try this method. It really works. I discovered this a few months ago. This method will also disable all of the build-in security features embedded within the disc. Make sure you wear gloves!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/103153

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Oh yeahhhh...I remember that method. That was back in the caveman days. That's also how fire was discovered. The smokin' xbox controller was cool too.

9. onemodog

onemodog Guest

Interesting...
    I could only find lead sheets in 7/8" thickness. Can I use aluminum foil on top of the sheets if its the heavy duty type?

10. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

tin foils not stong enough, although it is good to chew.
    Id heard the rumors about the odometre as well, maybe thats why spinning around works??? it resets them...on that theory, you could spin them back to original spot, then complain to blockbuster that they wouldnt load, score some free ones...also wheres my money people???if your usin this method, and no doubt you all are coz its the only one guarenteed to work and keep you safe from THEM, then i need some reimbursment. Send it to deadcatisalegendandkowshowtobeatTHEM@youllnevertakemedown.com.au

11. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

This is what I did to disable the chip.

1)Wrap the rented game in Aluminum foil.
    2)Place in a microwave
    *3)Defrost for 2 1/2 minutes.
    *4)Cook on High for 3 minutes. The sparks tell you that it's working.
    5)Let it cool for 2 minutes.
    6)Unwrap the game.
    7)Wipe off the chip residue with a dry cloth. A wet cloth will only smear the residue, rendering the disc copy-proof.
    8)Copy the disc without any fear of being caught.

*- Cooking times vary. Cooking times based on 1200 watt microwave. Refer to your owners manual for actual cooking times.

12. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

help the poor guy not confuse him

13. GokuSSJ5

GokuSSJ5 Member

its funny how u guys mess wit phuc head

14. GokuSSJ5

GokuSSJ5 Member

It's funny the way u mess wit phuc head

15. intxo7

intxo7 Member

I recently conducted a signal scanning experiment using the blockbuster type 2 piracy alarm chips. Seems like their new model has been infusing modular explosive detenators in the second layer of the all their playstation 2 game discs. The signal seems to send out a type of tracking beakon and waits for a responding signal which gives more or less a green light signal in morse code. This coded signal translates to... "deploy fbi and explode disk into tiny fragments"

here is the exact morse code i translated from the signal...

-.. . .--. .-.. --- -.-- / ..-. -... .. / .- -. -.. / . -..- .--. .-.. --- -.. . / -.. .. ... -.- / .. -. - --- / - .. -. -.-- / ..-. .-. .- --. -- . -. - ...

It seems the implanted microchip is "tripped" or activated once a Playstation 2 game disc is read by any laser at faster than 1000 kb/s and the disc reaches an effective 4000 spins in less than a half hour. This methodology concludes that no gamer is using the disc in an actual Playstatin 2 console... this of course is because no gamer has been recorded to ever play a game that fast. After all this the newly implemented chips are under redesign again! Seems some gamer had been beating a game so fast that the chip activated and the disc tray kind of exploded from out of the console and the ps2 plastic logo dislodged into the cornea of the victims eye. Any way I just wanted to share all this privileged pentagon intel with my fellow game pirate "phuc"

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  16. scott2453

scott2453 Guest

you guys need to be careful. i might be mistaken but i thought that i heard somewhere that these new edition chips that will be coming out shortly are designed in such a way so that any tampering to the chip or the actual disc itself sends out a sort of "red flag". I believe that the frequency of the signal is slightly higher then the normal one. Anyways, this "super" chip supposedly works similar to a car alarm. it is activated by either pushing in or pulling too hard on any one part of the disc. It has a three second delay to avoid any false alarms, so if you are just handling the disc, it will not go off, but if you really are trying to rip them off, you will go to jail so fast it will make your head spin. at the moment, i am not aware of a simple method to disable this, so in the meantime, you guys better stick with the old lead room\remote location strategy. when i hear anything else on this development, i will let you all know.

17. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

wheres my stinkin money people. i do all the hard work and run the risk of getting caught solely so you people can safely make your backups. the money wont go towards my mansion, it will be pumped into new innovations in the ripping game :p

18. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

lol, thats the best one yet.

19. Decrypto

Decrypto Member

Well Done People, I was wondering how long it would take before the public discovered our security methods. I guess we'll have to think of more inguinous way's of catching Pirates.

20. Decrypto

Decrypto Member

Oh yeah we'll be returning Phuc as he is no threat to our operation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.