replacing dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by fknhstile, Oct 19, 2005.

1. fknhstile

fknhstile Member

I just softmodded my xbox the other day and have since found out that evox is one of the oldest, least compadible, least function having dashboards out there and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to what dash would be better and how to go about installing it. I used the 007 exploit to install evox, and have a v1 xbox. thx in advance

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

your installer you used didnt come with multipul dashboards? what insatller did you use?

I use UnleashX which you can search for the UnleashX Installer CD v3.2 on a P2P network and download it.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  3. fknhstile

fknhstile Member

I used a 007_With_Evox_Installer_PLUS.rar, guess thas why there was only evox on it UnleashX is the dash I was thinking about, that or XBMC, to install it would I just run the cd from my current dash and it will update the dash to unleashX???

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

it should auto install the Unleash dash on it if you get the installer CD. I have unleashX as my dashboard and then have XBMC added as an aplication.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  5. fknhstile

fknhstile Member

I looked for the auto installer and found it on xbins but this 1 had gen tools on it or something and was over a gig so I did not dl it (the torrent file did not work ne way) I've also tried all the usual places but from what I can see it seems to be older is there another version somewhere thas maybe easier to find and installation not that bad??