Requesting assistance backing up NBA LIVE 07 to HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by irvs, Jan 6, 2007.

1. irvs

irvs Member

For some strange reason I can't seem to get NBA Live 07 to backup onto the HDD. All it does is backup 13MB worth of video files which is an XBOX ad.

I have tried it with DVD2XBOX.

If someone has the solution, I would greatly appreciate hearing it!!

Thank you!

2. elasu3

elasu3 Guest

get a prog called boxplorer and copy the files from D to where ever you want.

3. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

a file name is too long, try to search to find a way to fix it, its been answered many times before i just cant find the thread about it

4. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

i friggin hate multiposters

5. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

mulitpost? maybe a ban is in line?

6. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

i dont know, sounds like it...

7. irvs

irvs Member

Apologies guys, I wasn't aware of the multi-posting etiquette of the board. I won't do it again. I was just short on time, and wanted to get as much exposure as possible.

I have copied the files using boXplorer, but when I attempt to run the game, I get the following error:

"There is a problem with the disk. It may be dirty or damaged."

I'm a bit stuck from here. I don't have the capabilities to network it up to the PC at the moment, so I might be in a bit of trouble.

I checked every single file on the DVD, and I couldn't find one with a really long filename....

8. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

just use this to copy them and you wont have a problem, ill guarantee it

9. irvs

irvs Member

I hope there's a money back guarantee with that cuz it didn't work!

That is how I have managed to get to the point of it reporting "There is a problem with the disk. It may be dirty or damaged."

Next idea?

Thanks for the assistance anyway.

10. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

must be a bad disc, i have never seen that happen, and i copied probably 30 games to my hard drive before with that method

11. sg321

sg321 Member

Hi everyone, my first post on the boards. Have been a long time reader but now I finally need a hand.

I am also having trouble backing-up my NBA 07. I heard that the file-name is too long and thus won't allow playback from HDD. So, I tried a DVD-R and it still didn't work. I keep getting the dreaded "Disk is dirty or damaged"-error. Can someone who has burned Live 07 please indicate how. Did you rip to HDD and then PC-to-DVD? Or did you copy the game while it was in the xbox via FTP under the D drive? Please help as I am getting very frustrated and any suggestions will help.

Cheers.