Reset Occurred Nero 6 liteon ldw 411sx

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by whyayemun, Feb 20, 2004.

1. whyayemun

whyayemun Member

I have recently bought a Liteon LDW 411sx external dvdrw and i'm using it through usb2.0. I rip the dvd i want to back up with dvdshrink, but when i try to burn the disc the buffer reading doesn't move and i get an error saying "reset occurred". I have burned one disc off and have gone through twelve. My pc has more than the minimum recommended specifications. I have updated firmware and have tried forcing the aspi drivers but to no avail. Nero Infotool has all my other ide drives with dma enabled but not the dvdrw which is on a usb2.0. Please help!!

2. superape

superape Member

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with an external Liteon 851s, connected on USB 2. I sometimes manage to burn using other software, such as Clone DVD, Nero works sometimes too but just when you think you're on a roll a random 'reset occurred' message comes up...

3. psiemah

psiemah Guest

I got the same problem. According to the DvdDescypter author, it is relates to the USB 2.0 driver timeout problem. I'm curious of what kind of USB 2.0 you guys had, My is VIA buildIn of ASUS A7v8x MB. I guess I need to test my 411sx unit on other Intel based MB and see how it goes.

4. maqsoodk

maqsoodk Member

I am having the same problem using LDW 411SX
    I burn 1 in 10 dvds.
    Not sure what to do

5. psiemah

psiemah Guest

I decided not to spend anymore time with the LDW 411SX. I purchased the Sony DRX-510UL, it works perfect. With the Sony external unit, I don't have to be concerned whether I will get a "lead-in reset" coaster anymore. The Sony DRX-510UL costs about $70 more than 411SX, but it was worth it.