Revert back to Original Dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by gsmrookie, Oct 14, 2005.

1. gsmrookie

gsmrookie Member

Everyone seems to be modding their xbox and adding a custom dashboard. I have the opposite problem. I added the modchip and replaced the dashboard 3 years ago. Now I have a need to go back to the original dashboard but I dont have the original files anymore. Any ideas on how to go about restoring it to the way it was ?

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

If you have a modchip, there's no reason to delete the ms dash or rename the .xbe file. Depending on the modchip installed, you usually can boot into the ms dash from your modchip software or the alternative dash's software.

3. gsmrookie

gsmrookie Member

Yes there is no reason to do so but I did and thats why I am here to try and restore it. So under the assumption that my c: is wiped out and I have a bootable DVDrom with evox how would I go about restoring the xbox to work with the original dashboard ?

4. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

What modchip is it? Have you set up an FTP connection? You could boot into evox and FTP the ms dash files from your computer to your C partition. Those dash files can be found in the [bold]usual[/bold]
    places. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/206722 here's a tutorial on how to connect to xbins. Just might find those dash files here.

5. gsmrookie

gsmrookie Member

Thanks appreciate the help. I have the Xecutor. The xbox works great with evox and yes I have an ftp connection along with a iso burned to a dvd. I have all the information I need to revert back execept for the original dashboard.

I just dont seem to use my xbox as much other than for games hence I want to revert back to the original state.

I no longer have the harddrive which used to have the original dashboard backup.

6. fknhstile

fknhstile Member

Im sure that the slayers dash has a copy of the original dash in it you can find it in the usual places good luck