1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip any Sony ARccOS Movie with DVD Decrypter No PSL & No AnyDVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by JaguarGod, Nov 11, 2005.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@SuckRaven

You should download ImgBurn (also free) which is the upgraded ripper and burner of Decrypter.

LOCOENG's Abstraction
    Imgburn-
    http://www.imgburn.com

Guides:

Burning DVD Video files directly to double layer media with ImgBurn
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780

Creating a single layer ISO on your hard drive using ImgBurn
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1778

Creating a double layer ISO on your hard drive using ImgBurn
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1777

ImgBurn Build Mode, An Overview
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1779

You could also run that ISO Image file thru Shrink and burn it with ImgBurn on SL disc. ImgBurn the the best way I've found on doing DL discs. I burn all my verb DLs with ImgBurn.

The movie really isn't worthy of DL disc. LOL

2. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

^^^Yeah, you're right!! ImgBurn is a great tool. DVD Decrypter is still the best ripper though. I like ImgBurn's build mode and now this software is the only one I use for CD/DVD burning.

@SuckRaven,

I re-read your post, and you are using DL discs. Is this the first time you are burning DL?? You may be burning too fast, using old firmware, etc...

I do not have Emily Rose, so I don't know if this is even a corrupted title. However, if you don't get CRCs, then something is going wrong in your burn process.

Is this a Sony title?? If so, you can do movie only and it will not compress. There are so few Sony Movies that need any compression. Most barely take up 3GB.

Also, nake sure your Verbatim DVD+R DL are made in Singapore. I never made a DVD DL backup, but I remember the DVD+R DL were made in Singapore and those were the ones getting all the praise. If they are made in Taiwan, there is a chance you are getting inferior Verbatim discs!!

3. SuckRaven

SuckRaven Member

I got it all figured out guys, thanks for the speedy posts though. Yes, I use double layer DVD+R from Verbatim. And yes, I use bitsetting to DVD-ROM. I use ImgBurn v2.1.0.0 to burn them at 2.4x speed, and no faster. Unfortunately, I cannot check where my Verbatims are made, as this info is not provided on the outside packaging, and the other reason is that I ordered my 20 Pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL from NewEgg.com (They have a $10.00 mail in rebate on the 20 packs right now, till the end of december I think).
    But either way, I cannot find out where they were made until I scan them.

Anyways.... I went the FixVTS route, and it worked like a charm...

@ garmoon: Thanks for the posts, I have already read those when I was doing my research online, and I posted my difficulties earlier at http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/428089

And Yes, The Exorcism of Emily Rose is a Sony title. =( All is well now though. Thanks guys.

Props to JaguarGod: you know your shiait !

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  4. PSD

PSD Member

Can you PM others in this forum?

5. ireland

ireland Active member

lPSD
    Look to the right in the persons post who ye want to pm..,ye will see this [​IMG]
    click on it to pm them..

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  6. JDWhite

JDWhite Member

JaguarGod,

If you skim along page 4 of this post I used your guide to decrypt Ultraviolet after your assistance without any issue. I have since never had a problem until now. I picked up Hostel a few weeks ago and have been lazily trying to decrypt it without success. I browsed Afterdawn expecting to find some answers since this movie has been out for a while and only ran into more problems.

I found that people claimed dvdfab decrypter29 express will decrypt this without any problems. For me, it has a read error and simply stalls while decrypting the protection in VTS_1.

I also found that the latest edition of dvdfab platinum 3.0.4 should also have no issue doing this. This again had the same error for me. Dvdfab has few options so I went back to playing with the trusty dvddecrypter. When it parses the files in file mode I received the same L-EC error that you did (as I saw you commented in a post). I then proceeded to do it the long way and open it in IFO mode and select the proper cells and fix it later. Doing so, I received read errors on VTS_6, VTS_7, and VTS_8 and dvddecrypter will not list those folders so I don't even have the avaiability to edit the cells. Yet, if I simply ignore/cancel the error messages while it parses file mode on these same three folders, it will at least display them allowing me to select them for decryption.

This is the first time I've seen anything like this, do you know what the problem may be? I saw the movie in theaters so I've yet to watch it again. It is a used disc from the local video store so it may have a phyiscal error that isn't apparant. I will watch it to be sure it plays correctly.

Thanks,

JD

7. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I do not remember if Ultraviolet had corruption in the last chapter of the movie as well. If you get your errors in VTS_01_1.VOB, then you might be missing a corrupt cell. If you get it in the last VOB of the VTS (or in IFO Mode, at the very end of the movie), then there is probably corruption in the last chapter of the movie.

Most likely though, there is something wrong with the movie (physically like a bad press or scratch). Maybe VIDEO_TS.IFO is damaged and that is why you cannot access some files.

If VTS 6, 7, & 8 are the last three of the disc, then there is a good chance that they are fake. I do not remember this DVD because I looked at it about when it came out. I do remember there were no problems when I did a test, however, I only test the movie and not the extras. There might be a chance that extras are also corrupted.

If you still have problems, you can upload the IFOs and I can take a look at them.

8. JDWhite

JDWhite Member

I was referring to Hostel, not Ultraviolet.

I cleaned the disc and it seems to be decrypting all the way with dvdfab platinum as I type so hopefully it will complete. Thanks anyways.

9. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

Sorry, I tend to read things really late and miss a thing or two.

I'm glad to hear that Hostel is working so far. If there are any problems, let me know.

10. wlstck

wlstck Member

How do I uninstall DVD43? It won't let me. I have Any Dvd now and they conflict. I try to uninstall DVD43 and it says I must close it first and I have no idea how to close it.

11. wlstck

wlstck Member

Some one please help! I have DVD43 installed on my computer and can't get it off! It won't let me uninstall it. It keeps saying I must close it first and I have no idea how to close it. I wish I had never put this mess on my computer!

12. JDWhite

JDWhite Member

Delete all of the related folder/files manually through windows explorer and if it still gives you the same error enter DVD43 in the search function and search the entire computer for all files related to DVD43. A lot of times, uninstall programs won't uninstall every associated file for the program you're trying to remove anyways.

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

14. G60KG

G60KG Member

Hi please can someone confirm that this guide works with 24 series 1 I tried to back it up with dvdshrink, dvd decrypter, fabdecrypter, RipItForMe,slyfox they all crash.

15. G60KG

G60KG Member

No worries I have sorted it

16. lanz16

lanz16 Member

hi i have a problem with this 2 movies: resident evil 1 and the lion king 1, i cant rip them, i´ve tried with a lot of methods , but i just couldn´t, even with, so please some one tell me how do i find the corrupt cells, because in the first chapter there is only one cell and in ur post it says that there is a lot of cells in this chapter, and with the lion king 1, it ripped everething alrrigth, except by the VTS_17.... and there is where it is the main movie, so please somebady help me

17. coachop94

coachop94 Guest

do a google search for dvd decypter download it then download dvd shrink then download RipIt4Me. Install all the app. read the guide for RipIt4Me,and follow the guide.

18. lanz16

lanz16 Member

i have already tried with those programs, anyDVD, DVD2DVD, clone DVD, DVDD,smart ripper, DVD region CSS free, DVD fab decrypter, (gold, platinium),DVD washer,ifoedit , DVD remake, i´ve already used all this and nothing work. so please i need help to backup my movies.

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

There is something wrong with your pc setup.AnyDVD and CloneDVD will do anything out there. There are other free programs that work now also. You can't back up anything?

20. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I think Garmoon is right. I doubt there is anything more than CSS on those two movies, so it looks like a PC issue. Maybe some of your drivers have to be updated??