ripping websites

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by photon_ed, Jun 26, 2005.

1. photon_ed

photon_ed Member

I am having some difficulty ripping websites using the the software call ‘blackwindow’ from ‘SoftByte Labs’. It does the job downloading the site but will it is at all possible for for all hyperlinks to be change so it can be view as webpage locally?
    Please let me know.
    Yours,
    Ed

2. photon_ed

photon_ed Member

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

4. photon_ed

photon_ed Member

hello Veblin, how are you? thank you again for your prompt reply(as usual! :) will you be able to tell me if Offline Explorer Enterprise and all the other software changes the hyperlinks to the corresponding local downloaded file and webpages?

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Unless the [bold]No Translation[/bold] mode is selected, Offline Explorer will translate every link that should be loaded to enable offline browsing when the download is complete.

[bold]Offline Translation[/bold] - every link that is not loaded will be translated to the offline location. This prevents dialup dialog boxes from popping up when browsing offline.

[bold]Online Translation[/bold] - change every link that should be not loaded to the online (Web) location. This may cause dialup dialog boxes to appear when browsing sites offline.

[bold]No Translation[/bold] - check only if you want to get exact copies of downloaded HTML pages. Offline Explorer will not translate any links in these files if this setting is checked. You will be unable to browse downloaded Web sites offline.

6. photon_ed

photon_ed Member

thanks again Guru Veblin! I will have a go and let you know. thanks!!
    yours,
    Ed

7. photon_ed

photon_ed Member

thanks for your advices Veblin. I found out that the is a feature called "Convert Links" from the File menu in Blackwindow which will do the job.
    I will also check out Offline Explorer Pro, but thanks for your help Guru Veblin.
    yours,
    ed