1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riteks not perfect

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by mastersak, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

[ [bold]edited for falsities in the truth[/bold] ]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  2. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Thanx oriphus.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I most certainly do NOT use that site & cannot verify anything that comes from them. I wouldn't order from a company that is at the other end of the counrty to me...for starters !

Ggrrrr

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

HeHe - Digitalpromo, SVP, they're all the bloody same to me boycie ;-)

I cant remember what day of the week, or what i had for breakfast, let alone where u get your DVD's from :-D

For seconds whats a "counrty"? Is that like a country, only different? Feck im off to bed - 3 hours sleep is a nightmare....

5. herbsman

I've had none (sleep that is) so typo's can be forgiven I'm sure...

: ]-~

6. CaptHook

CaptHook Member

Not yo jump on the wagon, but check-it, I've only had 2 out of 18 ritek disks work for me.

7. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

I buy Ridata/ritek shrink rap in lots of 500 and have purchased around 4000 with only 3 or 4 bad discs total. I did however get a batch that didnt burn good at 6x had to drop to 4x and they were fine..

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hey Herby - bed time - Now - i went to bed at 10am again and got up a 3.30pm lol. Im blaming Sam and Jo, and to a lesser extent Ken lol.

Speeling typo's are ok - uve seen my typing lol

9. herbsman

Were they G03 or G04 dye ...? As on previous page of this very thread , I always stay away from Orange Overprint G04 , Datasafe G04 for instance !!

10. CaptHook

CaptHook Member

You know what my man, as I sit here blowin' this sticky, I have no clue whether my disks are G04 or G03. I'm just startin' to get addicted to this DVDR stuff. So all the info iz treasure 2 me. I'll definately research the difference.

11. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi:
    I'm new to this forum (1st reply) and have only been ripping for about 6 weeks. Just by doing my own research on the web and trial/error I have used shrink and imgtool as my software of choice. as far as media I have tried ritek & verbatum which were very good. however, 8x ritek +r's from meritline gave me my first coasters. had to burn at 4x and got some coasters at that speed too. My favorite media as of this writing are the cakeboxes of BeAll's -r's from meritline. Not one coaster in over 50 burns. using athlon 2200, 512m/b ram, 120 wd 7200 8m/b and plextor 708...hope this was of some help to someone...

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi PennRon, firstly, welcome to Afterdawn, im sure you will find a fountain of information here and will contribute yourself.

Seconldy, the 8x Ritek +R are using a new R03 dye, and firmwares may need to be updated to enable better usage of this dye, certainly the original firmware on the Pioneer DVR107 wasnt able to burn it, the second one had slight problems, but version 1.10 was fine.

Also, im still very happy with the Ritek G04 dye since it happily burns at 8x anyway....

13. MrYang

MrYang Guest

Thank god, at last people are waking up to the fact the because its Ritek its not all that good. Alot of the brands out there are produced using lesser grade Ritek and overprinted or first print on downgraded discs. Now that the premium brands like Ricoh are coming down in price it must be worth paying 5p a disc more for gauranteed A grade quality Ritek.

By the way anyone who wants free samples of the Ricoh I have just received please PM me or email me simon@dvd-and-media.com these I have had no problem burning at 8x and they are 50p ish - we get them direct off Ricoh and never grey imported or overprinted so the gaurantee is there.

Ritek has overtaken the market now, its down to you guys now to weed out the suppliers who portray they have good Ritek where in fact they are supplying DOWNGRADED media.... For example Datasafe, Ridisc etc are not official Ritek brands - yes they may be Ritek but what grade!! They will be good sometimes and bad another this is the risk you take because the downgraded media will be mixed is, Ritek never do this with their premium brands like Ricoh, CloneDisc, Ridata, Traxdata etc..

14. killalot

killalot Active member

In the U K cd-rmedia.co.uk Ritek G04 printable 25 spindle no probs just going to order next batch used Verbatim before but let me down to many times so tried Ritek + they are cheaper then Verbatim ild say if you think you"ve got a bad batch send them back if they wont have them back tell them you'll start buying your disks from some one else if they dont give you customer service they dont deserve you hard earned cash cd-rmedia had my duff cdrs back with no questions asked well they said whats a matter with them but sent new batch out after they verifyed that they was crap so there you go ok ........

edited by Mod : do NOT use foul language

Forum Rules : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

Last edited: May 2, 2004
  15. killalot

killalot Active member

Sorry Mod for useing foul language had a bad day at work it wont happ
    en again.........

16. roberson

roberson Guest

Good Morning: Mr. Herbsman, moderator, reading your couple responses
    on this thread I see a half square with a red X inside.
    I think this is a picture but I click on it and nothing. What am I missing to view these pictures if the X is a picture? Thanks, roberson

17. grogey

grogey Guest

There seems to be quite a bit of talk lately about just how consistant and reliable the RitekG04s really are.

I can only comment from personal experience that I had lotsa trouble with them......but on researching found it was my make and model of burner and firmware that was incompatible with the Riteks rather than them actually being bad media.

I've done a few mods to my burner since and have used the same Riteks (from the same spindle) on 3 occasions since, with complete success.

I know there is crappy media out there and good media too - but sometimes we need to think outside the square and have a look at our hardware and firmware too.

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

If pruchasing official grade a material, there wot be any problems. Problems arise with the G04 and other dyes when they are overprints and lesser graded media...

19. herbsman

I cleaned up my post on page 1 of this thread mr.roberson , so feel free to give it another browse : )-~

20. mscrab

mscrab Member

can some one pleassseeee help me.
    ive tried 4 lots of ritek datasafe and had to send bak 1 and a half lots, then i read they are not6 very good. can someone recommend a better disc