1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rock band Testing for Wii 3.3J

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by megmortal, Jul 31, 2008.

1. megmortal

megmortal Member

To all of you out there whose USA version of Rockband is incompatible with your imported Wii,

I finally worked out some sort of resolution thanks to all the custom firmware that wakininko had released. Although this worked for my Wii it might not worked for all of you. I own a Wii 3.3j + wii key 1.9s + gecko OS CF 1.06d + Home Brew Channel

What I have done was I downgraded my Wii to 3.2J to enable trucha disks to work again. Then I backed up a copy of my Rock band, trucha signed it and brickblocked it. (Before I continue, my tests have showed that a trucha signed disk, brick blocked or not, will not run under Wii 3.3J, 3.2J or 3.1J. In addition, as we all know we can simply run the original or trucha signed disk through gecko os; however, when ran through gecko OS only the mic will load up.)
    Then with my Wiikey 1.4 setup disk, I set my Wii to load at 3x and had region free turned off. Finally I used region changer 1.0 from wakininko and changed the region to north america (NTSC). After this I inserted my trucha signed+brick blocked rock band in to the drive and the instrument loaded up once the game had begun. (For some reason the original disk will not work, it kept prompting for an update like before.)

Here it is Rock band working on Japanese Wii

2. gramie

gramie Member

This sounds promising. I have the same Wii and Wiikey versions, but I don't have the Gecko. It sounds like you didn't need the Gecko. I'll try and see.

3. Scrabbler

Scrabbler Member

Hi...
    I'm on a 3.2 J, modded with a D2C pro chip (when you buy a console here in China, they all come with some form of mod)
    Recently bought USA Rock Band, assuming the mod would take care of things,
    No joy, Black screen freeze.. I was over the moon after 3 weeks of messing around to get round this by installing Homebrew with the TP hack, and then loading through Gecko OS (forcing English, NTSC and TV)... finally I can run RockBand !!!
    BUT
    Only the Mic works...

Has anybody found a way to sync the instruments ?

4. Scrabbler

Scrabbler Member

I found a way, slightly different to megmortal, to get all the instruments up:
    I did the system change to USA using anyregionchanger, and then use Menuloader to actually load the game (the original USA NTSC disc works fine) which allows the USB instruments to update.

Thanks to Megmortal for getting me most of the way there ;-)