Samsung DVD-V540 DVD Player (All Region Code)

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by BrokenT, Apr 17, 2006.

1. BrokenT

BrokenT Member

[bold]1)[/bold] Switch the unit on and wait till 'No Disc' message appears

[bold]2)[/bold] Using the remote, press Subtitle, 7, 6, 8, 8, 4

[bold]3)[/bold] Press 9 on the remote to enable all Regions

[bold]4)[/bold] Open and close the tray

Best Regards
    - Steve

2. thandi

thandi Member

I've taken the steps mentioned below on how to set my Samsund DVD-V540. Is there not another step I should be doing? It worked perfectly until I took it in for a minor repair. The shop I took it to must hav changed the code...

3. Peppera

Peppera Member

Hey there.. I was wondering if there's some extra part missing from that samsung v-540 code. About a year ago I just about tore out all the hairs on my head trying code after code for V-540 until I finally stumbled upon one that worked. Unfortunately the unit was reset when I moved it, I have since thrown out the code, and now I'm tearing out my hair again.

I found many a similar version of that code you sent (ie subtitle, 76884 etc), but the final working one had one key step that made all the difference(which I've forgotten). If you or anyone reading this can assist it would be much appreciated - it seems they've cracked down on access code sites since I last went through this frustrating ordeal..

4. BrokenT

BrokenT Member

Greets Thandi & Peppera,

As far as the code goes, I can verify the method I wrote works, as I used it to unlock all regions on my parent's unit. Keep in mind this has never been taken in for a service.

Seems to me that repair centres have been told by Samsung to somehow alter the units so they are no longer receptive to the code?

Just a theory.

If one of you finds another alternative, feel free to post it here.

5. Peppera

Peppera Member

Gday Thandie and Booker T, I'm a happy man today - managed to get code to work (and accidently at that..)

Only difference to Booker's instructions was that I hit subtitle again after hitting 9, then opened tray (from the unit), then turned off unit at machine (with tray still open). I had meant to hit close tray (as directed from some other instructions I sourced) but stuffed up. Nevertheless it worked. It's all pretty strange and almost seems like each unit is a slightly different beast. If my instructions fail then respond and I'll sedn you the full instructiuons I received (they're at home at the moment).

Good luck, thanks for your help Booker T.

6. thandi

thandi Member

Hi All,

Thanks for all the help. I wish I could say I have been successful. I haven't had any luck. If you have any more ideas please let me know as I am ready to use my machine as a paper weight.

7. Peppera

Peppera Member

Hi Thandie, I know how you feel.. I'll get the full instructions from the sheet I have at home and send tonight. The version I finally got to work had extra weird steps (like unplug at the wall, wait one second before pressing subtitle etc). I just thought it was overkill but it must have made the difference.

8. Peppera

Peppera Member

Thandi, I just found the sequence that worked for me in an old email:

1. Turn on player and make sure there is no DVD in it and it's set to DVD (not VCR or tv),
    2. Pull the power cable from the wall then plug it back in,
    3. Turn the power on at the machine, wait for 'no disc' Display,
    4. Press subtitle button (on remote),
    5. press 7,6,8,8,4,
    (a number showing the region your unit is set to should show up on top left of screen, mine showed 4),
    6. Press 9 ,
    7. Press subtitle again,
    8. Open dvd tray from unit,
    9. Close dvd tray from unit
    10. Turn off at unit then unplug at wall - ALL DONE.

I followed instructions as above except accidently turned off machine (from unit) after step 8, while tray was still open.
    When I turned it back on it worked!

Good Luck

9. dvdowner

dvdowner Member

Thank you for your instructions. I have just tried it and yay, we were able to change the region from 4 to 9. However ... this doesn't appear to resolve the problem we have with the DVD screen "rolling". We have tried it with the tray open afer step 8 and with it closed as per the original suggestion. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

10. Peppera

Peppera Member

Gday, not quite sure what you mean by DVD "rolling" do you mean the picture (image on screen) itself rolling?

11. dvdowner

dvdowner Member

G,day.the screen gives me 3 images at the same time.Like it needs tracking Thanks

12. Peppera

Peppera Member

That sounds strange.. and not something I've encountered. Doesn't sound like a region code issue but then this code business is weird..

Not sure where you're from but I'm in Australia and I've noticed the code requirements seem to differ between countries (even though id expect all units come from the same asian factories)..

sorry couldn't help further..

13. BrokenT

BrokenT Member

dvdowner, to me it seems that your TV is not capable of NTSC playback, hence the picture rolling on screen.

What model TV do you have and how old is it?

14. Peppera

Peppera Member

good thinking (re no NTSC playback), your TV could be in PAL format. I'm not certain but I think you can change the playback setting on the DVD unit. If so try switching DVD playback mode between PAL and NTSC to see if helps.

15. dvdowner

dvdowner Member

Thanks for info. the TV is an AKAI model CTK280 and there is a sticker that says PAL, so it sounds like you are right. We will try to connect the DVD to another TV in the next couple of weeks (friend or family that has a known PAL & NTSC TV) and let you know how we go. Thank you so much for your help with this.