Samsung HD-850 VS. Sony DVPNS70H

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by kameleion, Sep 9, 2005.

1. kameleion

kameleion Guest

Both of these are the HD conversion dvd players,,,I bought the Samsung yesterday and it shows a great pitcure when hooked up to the Hdmi and I see now Sony has came out with their HD conversion which will be in stores Tuesday here ,,,haas anybody had personal experenice with either of these. I've never purcahsed anything from Samsung until last month when I purchased the 50 inch dlp (AWSOME),,the only quirks the samsung dvd player has is that it only fast forward or rewind in 2x,4x,64x and its very choppy and after forwarding and rewinding it goes to the next chapter plus the remote sucks but sears has a sale on them for $109 but still mite exchange for the sony because of the great players they have put out so far,,,,any advice will help..

2. coastman

coastman Guest

I just purchased the Sony DVP-NS70H. I have nothing tho compare it against. I did have the Toshiba SD-4980 for a little while. It had a brighter picture nad the quality was not bad. I was open box item and eventually would hang up when trying to play a dvd. SO I took it bak. It's hard to compare one against another unless you have the equipment or several upconverting dvd players. How does everyone else do it?