Samsung SC-D353 LCD blue screen

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by rkslperez, Nov 17, 2006.

1. rkslperez

rkslperez Member

I recently opened the LCD screen to my camcorder and discovered it turns white.

Here is the set:
    Normal:
    Open LCD screen to view what I am recording... see what I am recording..if they player is on I see a blue screen until the video starts to play

Not Normal:
    I open the LCD screen and it starts out blue then slowly turns completely white. Although, if I open the LCD screen only about 25% of the way.. it works fine. Audio still works fine.

Any suggestions?

Here are the specs:
    Samsung SC-D353 NTSC

?????
    :) Kelly

2. webbaba

webbaba Member

I'm having the same problem. It worked fine for the past few months, and I can hear the audio just fine, but cannot see anything with the LCD screen. If you hear of anything to fix this problem, I'd appreciate a note about it. Thanks! --brian

3. mwd2

mwd2 Member

My d353 started doing the same thing about a month ago. SAMSUNG quoted me $45 to repair, not including shipping costs. Considering that you can pick up this camera for under $180 new, doesn't seem worth it.

Decided to open it up (not much to lose), not too bad, just make sure to keep up with screws.

FOUND THE PROBLEM!!! LCD ribbon cable cracked at pivot point!!

Hard part is going to be finding a new cable.

4. rkslperez

rkslperez Member

I emailed Samsung Parts and Assc. Well see what they say about a replacement ribbon.. if you find one, let me know... Im going to check mine out. thanks!

5. webbaba

webbaba Member

I chose to buy it locally- not from a franchise business- I gave the owner a call, let him know, and he asked me to bring it in that day. He shipped it back to the manufacturer for repair. It's only been a few days, but I'll post once I receive it back if it works or not. The store is in Honesdale, PA on main street- called Music and Video Express across from the Himalayan Institute's Yoga Cafe. I can't say enough about buying locally when possible.

6. brandyrae

brandyrae Member

I'm having the same problem, along with others...just assumed it was loose wiring.

7. rkslperez

rkslperez Member

Just received my estimate from Samsung... $300!!

I tried to fix it locally but was unable to find a place :(