samsung SH-D162C Backup question???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sandy10, Aug 2, 2007.

1. sandy10

sandy10 Member

Hi,i have recently ordered the samsung SH-D162C for reading 360 images to my pc hdd but one thing that puzzles me is that no where in the spec for the said drive does it mention Dual Layer compatibility? It mentions everything from DVD+R to CD-R and all in between BUT no Dual Layer yet these drives are renowned for ease of reading 360 games?
    Is this why Kreon is crucial?
    Does the Kreon Firmware make it Dual Layer compatible or what!
    Im confused and would appreciate someone shedding a bit of light on this one please,if poss.
    Also im going to use it externally with a usb ide adapter for such accessories,is this an ok method?
    Cheers.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

it works as a reader not a burner so if it will read a single layer dvd it will read a dual layer. and it will work fine as an external drive. a couple of friends of mine use it that way so they can dump games to their laptop as well.

3. sandy10

sandy10 Member

Hi,thanks for the advice mate.I have installed it internally below my Philips Re-writer and have already done a successful rip of my Gears of War original which i have tested in my Hitachi 46 which i flashed earlier today as a beginners first attempt and im quite chuffed with how easy i found it.Hacking nowadays is so professional with xtreme etc. that ANYONE can do it although it does still give you a buzz! And at only 11 quid for the Samsung reader flashed with Kreon is sooo worth the small amount just for the convenience of backup!
    Yours sincerely,
    CHUFFED Sony Diehard 360 hater who is now eating COMPLETE humble pie!!!