Sanyo DWM

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by DigiCrime, Aug 19, 2005.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Member

Hello,

First post :D thought I would ask this here since its dvd haven here... I bought a dvd player and indiana jones dvd pack as a birthday present for someone only to find out it doesnt play dvds very well and not sure why. At first thought it was the disks but not sure it is, other dvds have the same effect, the picture gets dark and gets light again then goes dark then gets light again.... horrible picture quality either way. Most (not all) dvds will play like this and I have no idea why ? did I purchase the wrong player?

http://www.sanyo.com/entertainment/dvd/

The 400 or 450 version I forgot which model I bought but it looks exactly like this one. I paid 49$ for it plus tax. I have yet to try burned DVDs but im sure ill have the same effect if not worst.

Whats wrong with this picture?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  2. madpappi

madpappi Member

i am going to go out on a limb and say ..
    the problem you are having is because you have the dvd player connected to the tv through a vcr or another device and the macrovision protection is whats causing the fading in and out plus blurry picture . if you do not have the dvd player connected to the tv through a vcr then the problem is something else but if it is connected through a vcr simply connect it straight to the tv and you should be ok.