1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCHP 3004 model help?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Linkdx, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Linkdx

Linkdx Member

So 3 days ago *i live in germany* i went to a fest there and there where a bunch of stands and there was this one who sold ps2's n64' original ps1 all that good stuff i saw the price of the ps2phat *35 euros* so i went :O i have to buy that. *i got all the video component and power adapter* but its a SCPH-30004 PAL model. but i have no idea what version number it is im kind of guessing its a v 3 due to it having 10 screws instead of 8 but i just wanted to ask what kind of mod-chip i should buy for it and which one would be the best? im kind of choosing between the Modbo 4.0 or the matrix infinity 1.99 but i heard that they are the same. so id appreciate the help if somebody could tell me what mod chip i could choose for this console. and i do not want to spend 60 dollars on a ar max evo card LOL *hint*

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

modbo and Matrix Infinity 1.99 are the same basically... a clone of the original Matrix Infinity chip. 1.99 firmware is unstable on certain ps2, however i can not recall which. Either way I'd stick with a Modbo 4.0, they are good chips for their price

3. Linkdx

Linkdx Member

yes but the modbo 4.0 only works with v5 consoles and up i have a v 3

4. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  5. Linkdx

Linkdx Member

what do you mean by gap and no gap version??? im sorry i just want to make sure that i buy the right one

6. Linkdx

Linkdx Member

haha nvm i found it its the one you showed me :) ill buy it and thanx for the help to