Search Begins for DVD Player...

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dkang, Jun 4, 2006.

1. dkang

dkang Member

So I have been looking at a couple of DVD players and I'm wondering which DVD players have left a good impression when playing backed-up DVDs. I burn my DVDs often at low quality so I'm wondering which DVD player could be able to play the picture with good quality and sound. I do not have an HDTV or anything and the DVDs will be viewed on a TV 27 or 32 inches.

I am purchasing one in about two months and I have been searching around for a deal.

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. SOCOMII

SOCOMII Regular member

I recommed Philips DVP 642 because i have it and it supports a wide variety of formats including DivX and Xvid. I have had for 2 years not a single problem, played everydvd i backed up.
    Just my opinion

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  3. theend757

theend757 Regular member

apex is a good one it plays all my backups

4. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

I just bought the Sony DVP-NC85H/B for around $140 at CC. It has a 5 disc changer and will play all of my backups. It is very nice.

5. dkang

dkang Member

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys

6. dkang

dkang Member

I have to mention too that it needs to be able to play both DVD-R and DVD+R

7. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

I just got this SONY portable player model DVPFX810 8inch as gift...It's probably the most in-demand DVD player on the market.

http://sonystyle.com/intershoproot/eCS/store/en/imagesProducts/650x650/DVPFX810.jpg-MSN Explorer[img]

MSRP:$199.99 mine cost 189.00 it's really an great player, It has a great picture and plays DVD-R +R JPEG & MPEG formats. No DivX...but I don't care that it doesn't I use to have the poplular Phillips DVP-642 and it along with other DivX players I've tried, seem to struggle to play simple DVD's buzzing and making all kinds of strange clicking noizes. so I returned them. The SONY has a not so unique flip down tablet screen. It's rechargeable battery is mount beneathe player. The 8inch screen has a clear protective cover that's scratch resistant. The unit comes with a remote, car charger, and standard AC charger.