Seeking DVD Hack for Harman Kardon DVD 48

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by slvrblt, Mar 10, 2008.

1. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

I recently purchased the Harman Kardon DVD 48 and I love the unit, but it would be nice to have multi region functionality. I located a hack for the DVD 38 model which works with several of their other models, but not this unit. I was wondering if anyone came across anything or if another owner managed to figure out an alternate method? Are the remote hacks supported by the manufacturer at all? I've thought about sending an email to make an inquiry, but wasn't sure if this was appropriate. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. slvrblt

slvrblt Member

A compatible hack for this player has been located! The credit for this has to go to a member of the Video Help site. I have tried this and confirmed that it will work with the DVD 48. Here is what you have to do:

Region code hack posted by h_socolov, May 15 2008:

Here's how to make your Harman Kardon DVD 48 a multi-region player. With no discs inside, follow these steps with the remote:

1. Press the OPEN/CLOSE button to bring out the tray.
    2. Press the CLEAR button.
    3. Press the the following code: 1211
    4. Press the SUBTITLE button.

Done. There will be no message of any kind on the LED display, but your player will know be Region 0, able to play any dvd from regions 1 to 6, PAL or NTSC. Enjoy. Cheers!!