Sega Dreamcast Emulation Cant Find Bios

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by pcshateme, Jun 23, 2005.

1. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i just got a laptop and want to play my old dreamcast games on the go. i already use playstation and n64 emulators for my games, but i cant find a working dreamcast emulator. the only one that looks promising is one called "chankast" but it says i need a dreamcast bios file (dc_bios.bin) and ive been looking for days and cant find it anywhere. does anyone know where i can find it, or perhaps if you could email it to me? if you could it would be MUCH appreciated as searcing for it myself has proved very aggrivating

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I'm a bit more knowledgable about all things Dreamcast than other things... and let me tell you. A Dreamcast emulator that works beautiful DOES exist, but the ROMs don't. Don't bother looking, because I've searched everywhere and they are unobtainable. Unless of course someone can correct me...

Here's the list of emulators:

http://www.zophar.net/dreamcast.html

ZD is a great site for emulation fans.

3. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

yes but i need the bios to run the emulator, do you have it?

4. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

what do you mean about the roms not working? im not looking to run rom files, i want to run straight off the discs like i do with expsxe

5. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You can do that? O_O I thought you couldn't read... ahh nevermind.

Searched it up on google, take a look at this link:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=902

It says something about using a Cable to transfer some of the DC program onto your computer. You probably know more about this than I do, so... =)

6. philipman

philipman Regular member

Why not buy a dreamcast, they are like 25 bucks right now.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i lurv my Dreamcast, but just don't much chance to play it. Last thing i bought was a VGA adapter, Crazy Taxi is so crisp running on PC monitor

8. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

philipman- i have a dreamcast, thats why i have the games. i want to play them on my laptop because i dont think its possible to carry a tv, dreamcast, and power generator on an airplane.

9. philipman

philipman Regular member

ok thats cool, just don't think that there is a way that is easy.

10. Xian

Xian Regular member

Several emulators require the bios files which they don't distribute with the emulator since they are copyrighted. I know the Amiga and Atari ST emulators requried them. One distributor, Amiga Forever, actually had the rights to distribute the bios, but the free WinUAE required dumping them from your Amiga or getting them through other means. The link Toiletman provided would probably be the best way as long as you still have your old Dreamcast.