Setting up Conference room with 3 screens

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Wolfkin, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Wolfkin

Wolfkin Member

I hope someone can move this to the right forum but for now I guess since I'm kinda desperate I'll start off in Other:

I have a presentation room I'm working on. In this room I need three screens. One for the computer in the back where I'll control the slideshow. One for the projector which is aimed at the slideshow for the audience, and one for a flatscreen TV which is hanging above the audience so the presenter can see.

My source is a computer with a dual-head video card (DVI,VGA) which also appears to have S-Video output. We have a VGA-DVI adapter. The Monitor is VGA in. The TV has IN(HDMI, S-Video, Component, Composite) Output. The Projector (PJ-LC9) has IN(VGA, S-Video, and Composite). The monitor obviously has no output neither does the projector to my frustration and the TV only has audio out.

Basically I'm looking for a solution to my puzzle here. Is there something I can use to split the video out of the VGA and then have the TV and Projector be on one head and the monitor be on another? I'm relatively new to Canada and unlike the states I don't know where the home theatre stores are I've tried asking at FutureShop and a few security stores. One guy told me that what I'm looking for is a KVM switch. Now from what I know about KVM switches which admittedly is next to nothing I don't see how that would work. If it does help however I was told the organization does have a KVM switch they stopped using for ... (insert reason here).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  2. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Take and run VGA to your monitor, HDMI to your TV, and S-Video to your projector. Most video cards should support this multi-monitor system, although you'll have to tweak display properties so that you don't have the same image on all 3.

But HDMI Cables are expensive, and VGA Splitters are not... So that may be the best route to go -> Link

Food for thought if nothing else.

Hope it all works out for you. Let us know.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Vicious88, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP. yours is 87,081 bytes.
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

4. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Reduced from 85Kb to 22kb.

5. Wolfkin

Wolfkin Member

going thru my e-mails never did tell you guys I did get it working. Got a VGA splitter and that's basically what they're using. It's a little hockey because the software they're using always takes up the first monitor but all in all it did the trick. thanks for the help.